Price range for Kiowa?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Price range for Kiowa?

Post by flayrah » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:35 pm

I was hoping I could find a Huey, but it looks like they are way outside my budget. What are fair price ranges for a Kiowa? I've seen some in the $100 range but that seems high for something that was still rather common just a couple of years ago.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Price range for Kiowa?

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Hard to say... There are only two up on ebay at the moment. Both are the S1 green version. Which is aparently rare and hard to find. One is NIB and is listed at $199 and the other is loose and listed at $90. Both prices are too steep IMHO.

I would say no more than $70 for a boxed S2 black "SFOR" Kiowa and $40-$50 loose, but you will likely have to pay more...

Speaking of BBI Kiowas, I have fond little memory when I was living in Los Angeles back in 2005 when I was going to UCLA. I didn't have a car and so took the bus to the little TRU that used to be in Santa Monica. They happened to have the S1 Kiowa, which I got with a couple carded BBI pilots, and then hauled it all back on the bus to my apartment. Got some strange looks from passerbys - and then I ran into someone I knew carrying this toy helicopter :P
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

toyktdlgh

Price range for Kiowa on ebay

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:42 am

I always try to check competed listings since the items that are active are usually bloated BIN or incomplete auctions. Unfortunately they do seem to be selling for around the $100 mark loose. That’s a bit more than I personally feel its worth but to each their own. I posted a link to completed auctions below. Hopefully it will be accessible to you.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?rt=nc&LH ... 86.c0.m283

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Thank you for telling us, not really english speaking, what BIN means.

Prices are very high for the Kiowa, same for the first versions of MH-6 Little Bird that is extremely rare to find. I'm daily on eBay, looking for a green MH-6, not the "Death waits in the dark" and for a OD green Kiowa to a reasonnable price. We, European SSMHQ member and fan have to add about 50 $ shipping costs...

If one time BBI decide to produce a repaint, we can hope for a brake down of the price. It's my dream... but all new releases seem to be also very high for quality plastic toys even of high quality. :twisted:

Nugget
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Nugget » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:18 pm

granch wrote:Thank you for telling us, not really english speaking, what BIN means.
BIN- Buy It Now