afrika panzer

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by thehun » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:04 pm

DVSk89 wrote:o i thot so. How long have you been doing customizing and all that?
Several years now, I quit my regular job in 96, I use to be real heavy into gijoes and Diorama building, I entered a few contest here and there, and done pretty good, and through the years I have picked up collectors that wanted me to build specific things or customize items for them, so I built a 30x30 shop to do my work in, I work alone so I try not to take in more than I can handle,
I really enjoy working in the 1/18 scale, it’s easy to get creative in this scale, The items you see on e-bay or my personal experiential items that I build on the side, some turn out great and some not so great, It’s a catch 22 either way you go.
(Thehun)

DVSk89
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DVSk89 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:42 pm

awesome...wow a shop just for customizing!? ahah that would be pretty cool. Haha i can remember some of the first things i saw on ebay that you did...a few fueling stations things, road block things, and that one building you did, and a few guard towers...it kinda seems like you've come a little ways since then...all you figures you've made are so good...Like that tank commander with the pipe! where did you get the pipe? And also what are you using for the slings on your figures?

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by thehun » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:22 pm

DVSk89 wrote:awesome...wow a shop just for customizing!? ahah that would be pretty cool. Haha i can remember some of the first things i saw on ebay that you did...a few fueling stations things, road block things, and that one building you did, and a few guard towers...it kinda seems like you've come a little ways since then...all you figures you've made are so good...Like that tank commander with the pipe! where did you get the pipe? And also what are you using for the slings on your figures?
I know it sounds like fun, but my friend, it's hard work 12 -14 hours a day, 4 or 5 projects going at one time, and the number one rule in custom work---Never Get In A Hurry---- number two rule----Don't give out trade secret's----- I learned both of these the HARD way, Most of my custom items are scratch built, like the pipe you asked about, It's scratched built, It took all day to make 5 of them, and 3 of these i broke trying to make them fit, If your gonna do custom work--you gotta love it-
The slings are strips of plastic i made which was easy—the hard part is making them connect to the weapons.
(Thehun)-

DVSk89
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DVSk89 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:34 pm

ahhahah awww maaann no secrets?!?! well im really looking forward to a site. And looking forwards to seeing more of your work on ebay..i would bid if u didnt start so high :lol:

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by thehun » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:55 pm

DVSk89 wrote:ahhahah awww maaann no secrets?!?! well im really looking forward to a site. And looking forwards to seeing more of your work on ebay..i would bid if u didnt start so high :lol:
One day you will see something you really want and you better bid :D , Remember my items are one of a kind--no two are alike, If you ever get one of my items in your hands :shock: , you'll be back (i hope) He He He.
I will be listing a couple of items tuesday night, be sure to let me know what you think.
(thehun)

DVSk89
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DVSk89 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:48 pm

ahhh tonight?!!?!? awesome...ill be checking ebay constantly probably

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by thehun » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:39 am

DVSk89 wrote:ahhh tonight?!!?!? awesome...ill be checking ebay constantly probably
I had trouble w/ebay down loading photos, :evil: It took forever just to get the machine gunner listed, I'll try again thursday night.
thehun

DVSk89
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DVSk89 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:36 am

ahh mannnn...ill be waiting for thursday. The machine gunner looks pretty good :D

DVSk89
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DVSk89 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:36 pm

ooo awesome...i saw the halftrack...pretty top notch! haha is there anything else you're going to put on ebay?