POST ALL TOY FAIR DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: POST ALL TOY FAIR DISCUSSION HERE

Post by dcway » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:49 pm

WOW NOT A SURPRISE !!!!!!!!! This really gets old !!!! getting everybodys hopes up and nothing butt crap........... I don't believe shit i hear any more !!! it's all getting to be a joke thats not funny.......
That goes for updates that never happen too !!!!!! so much for 2011..... :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

NSA
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by NSA » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:52 pm

I think ToyFair goes for another couple days during the week, so it's possible whatever is coming just hasn't announced yet.

Maybe they didn't want to get lost in the Hasbro news deluge.
The Fighting 1:18th
"The Web's last, best chance to BS without BS!"
http://www.fighting118th.com

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:46 pm

NSA is right the toy fair is still going so the fat lady has not sung yet.

Me personally I don't expect anything I have learned anything from this hobby is expect delays and hot air. for me I think the only hope of any kind of comeback for a some sort of Silver age is if GI Joe keeps increasing their quality and detail and it gets big enough that small companies like Unimax or some other 3rd party decides they want to steal sales or provide more options for niche buyers in my case people that prefer realistic over fantasy of coarse that only help modern collectors.

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:03 pm

hasbro, captain america, gi joe, indiana jones, lady gaga figs w/interchangeable meats!!!

any 18 ac repaints? 21st-jsi-all go- 32nd ac repaints??

orange cranes- red,white, and/or blue truck thingies......wtf.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:20 pm

it goes til wednesday...it's not over yet. It may well be that there is something there and we just haven't heard about it yet. The more popular toy lines are getting covered first.

We may still see something good, we may.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:58 am

Some clarification...

-First, Toy Fair is indeed a trade show for press/retailers/people "in the business". This includes the press though, and press is a pretty broad term, haha. Some of us have actual press credentails, others don't, and basically it's the "in" to the event. As such, the retailers know that it's not just buyers. In particular the Hasbro Press Event actually has zero buyers. Not knowing what/how they operate with buyers in their presence, I can't say if it's the same, however a lot of this event is focused then on getting ALL information to us (press) to circulate via our sites and things...

To sum it up though, the press get the exclusive news to promote it... Let people know about it, get excited about it. They may not even show much of it to the buyers, however they also are still showing off what they CAN do, and can work with retailers on as well.

-Indiana Jones is NOT "back", just to clarify. Indiana Jones ended with one wave of figures (the infamous "lost Raiders wave") being tooled and even tested in production-run colors of plastic, but the line died before it went into production. The main cost involved in developing the figures is the tooling of the molds, Hasbro wanted to use those, it's Indy's 30th anniversary, so they were able to do a production run of Indy figures... How readily available they'll be varies, but I'm guessing they'll be fairly available. Full sets of figures like this aren't something you'll do a short production run of. The start-up costs to get them done alone will require you to make a decent ammount. They'll be popular, but a LOT of SDCC Exclusives go on sale, never sell out, and are readily available for sale prices down the line. So don't worry... too much. I am an "order now, ask for extras later" kind of guy though.

Also the "Lost Wave" is IT. Indy is dead after this wave of figures, short of a new movie (which is being discussed), there will not be more Indy figures. If an Indiana Jones 5: The Smell of the Retirement Home Hallway comes out, Hasbro still has the license (unless it takes a long long time) and would likely do more toys.

-The lack of 1:18 Military stuff is why I didn't get my hopes up. I am not positive what companies maybe even attended, but right now I'd say nobody of consequence. A lot of these sites (ours included) do look around the entire show, and take pictures of things that sort of make sense or "tie together". I've heard nothing of any surprise military stuff I should keep an eye out for coming into the photo dumps going on. Sorry guys. I do hope something just got grossly overlooked, but at this stage I'd be pretty surprised.

-The reason it looked like Hasbro Fair 2011 is that Hasbro holds their press event on Saturday, not Sunday. Sunday they're selling like everyone else is, and doing so many blocks away. :) They have their own building either rented or it's through their PR firm which is based there. Toy Fair doesn't start till Sunday really, and so the news from it doesn't generally come in till mid-day... That's from the sites willing to shell out for mobile broad-band devices generally too, the rest don't post a lot till after they've done the Mattel Event at the Javitz Center upper floor which is usually towards the end of the day/Supper Time...

-Captain America kinda bummed me out too. I can't say I didn't expect this to be what they offered though. Super Heroes are for kids and collectors who've always been into that Super Hero. Getting accurate Germans, tanks, and military stuff probably wasn't even on the table at Hasbro in developing the stuff. :( I may get the one with the WW2 gear/helmet and stuff, and have him hang out with Patton and talk about smashing Germans and stuff.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 am

Nothing interesting to me, not dissing others likes, just wishing for WWII stuff.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:04 am

My experience with Toy Fairs is that the stuff that is on exhibit the first day of the show is IT.

No new additions, no surprises during the run of the show.

I went for the 2nd or 3rd day only and my Daughter went for most days of the show (her interest in fantasy booths (LOTR and the like) gave her more booths to visit). On her last day, she always checked back to my 1/18 and 1/6 "war toy" booths and never found something that was not there on the day of my visit. The last day of the show was the day she scored freebees, mostly of her fantasy junk, but she has friends in Sideshow and has gotten me a few 1/6 figs like John Wayne, (Iwo Jima)... and a Alien Colonial Marine (Hicks).

Sometimes the big exhibitors just dump stuff rather than pay to ship them back to their HQ, especially when there is no other trade show on the horizon. Some other exhibitors will dump their stuff in a dumpster rather than give it away. No dumpster diving at the Javits Center.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:40 pm

And Sideshow doesn't even go now because it's so expensive to set up and things. Those shows cost a lot.

They do things over the net since they know the sites will promo it anyway.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:44 pm

There are pictures up now of Unimax's Gamestar line that he Crysis 2 figures are a part of. There's a picture from Unimax's booth in the link below showing four of the game license that are part of the Gamestar line.

Crysis 2, Ghost Recon:Future Soldier, Assassin's Creed 2, and Red Faction: Armagedon. No figures shown though other than the Cyrsis 2 figures already at retail.

Here's a link to the poster picture:

http://toyfair2011.figures.com/showphot ... rs&cat=535
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Well the eleventh hour is approaching and unless they have one hell of a party tonight and pull out all the stops, there doesn't seem to be any news on.... new 1:18th tooling, a new possible player, King Tiger or a Komet. :evil:
On an up note we got that Captain America M-8 Greyhound lookin thing :P might make a good conversion, looks 1:18th.
So until next year............thanks for stopping by :!: :roll:

:shock:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 pm

BUST
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!