1/18 SBD Dauntless coming this year!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Airacobra wrote:Good lord.......Why stop at $100 norm for a single prop warbird. I think they should cost at least $2,000 a piece........ Please people, lets stop prematurely shooting ourselves in the foot with the whole elevated price talk. How about we just let the manufacturers put a price point on their products and see if they sell before we automatically appoint higher and higher prices on these planes. Funny how you can still find BBI planes through etailers for $60, yet people here are constantly saying we should feel blessed to pay $100 for similar releases. :roll:
THANK God for common sense.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Agreed
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Airacobra wrote:Good lord.......Why stop at $100 norm for a single prop warbird. I think they should cost at least $2,000 a piece........ Please people, lets stop prematurely shooting ourselves in the foot with the whole elevated price talk. How about we just let the manufacturers put a price point on their products and see if they sell before we automatically appoint higher and higher prices on these planes. Funny how you can still find BBI planes through etailers for $60, yet people here are constantly saying we should feel blessed to pay $100 for similar releases. :roll:
I agree, that perhaps we shouldn't be naming the prices prematurely, especially for re-paints, but as I've said before you will pay around the same amount ($100) for a 21st P-51 or more on the secondary market anyways.

In today's market is it reasonable to think that Admiral could even offer the SBD for the original price given that it is a new tooling?

The market has changed, the price of getting a new plane out has gotten more expensive. It's reasonable to think that the price will be higher than it was back in the day.

Sure there's plenty of BBI planes out there for their original price a few years ago, but something new would be higher wouldn't it? People are paying ridiculous prices for planes no longer available.

Probably why there isn't much of anything new being offered in 1:18, because we don't want to pay the higher price it costs to get a new model out there, yet pay through the nose when it's out of production.

Reality is going to be somewhere in between me thinks.

I'm just sayin' that from what I've seen of the SBD prototype, compared to what we are paying for 1:18 now, that $69 is cheap.
I've still got my order at MTS though, and am very happy to pay that for my first SBD, but I'll bet anyone who doesn't have that original order on the books is gonna be paying more.

Maybe they should cut out the middleman keep a few SBD's after production shuts down, and offer them at 21st Spitfire DWK prices ($450+) and they could recoup some of the money it took to make the model in the first place.
I'll bet someone out there will pay that price. Just watch a few auctions.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 am

If it sticks at $69, I would definately get one. If it floats to $100, I'm out.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:37 am

Sure, I'm in - if it comes pre-assembled.
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:32 am

Great to hear from you Jason and I'm looking forward to hearing the details on the SBD.... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:03 am

Dauntless wrote:Even if MTS couldn't honor the $69 price point and had to raise it to $100, I would still be on board to get one.
My original preorder was 64.99. I would expect to pay only that amount. If it can not be sold for the preorder price, then MTS/Admiral should not have allowed it to be listed for so long at a certain preorder price. Perhaps Admiral should honor those preorder commitments to MTS, after such a long delay.
FLY NAVY

sdcc73
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sdcc73 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:55 pm

I just want to see the Dauntless finally come. So yeah, I encourage others to put back in their $69 pre-order.

One reason for the delay is that the 3-year stall caused panic and some withdrew pre-orders. Such pre-orders are important in seeing the interest and giving the green-light for production. Its a safe $69 bet. And, its with a legit company who should still honor that price darn good price, $69.

Again, I just want to see this $69 bird, so guys - put in a pre-order...

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:09 pm

I've had my pre-order for 2 Dauntless's in since they were announced in 06. I paid in full and have been tempted on a few occasions to spend it elsewhere but I really like Admiral Toys and I really want the Dauntless. Hopefully we receive some good news soon.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 pm

It is not Admiral's SBD, and they have never been in negotiations with Trumpter. However, an SBD in 1:18 is a possibility by year's end if everyone gets on board... James of Admiral Toys will be discussing this in a post later tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,
Jason
Huh?

Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mitch » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 am

agree with mountian-man above....huh?

I read that days ago - what happened to the update???

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:22 am

That's a good question. I got excited when I saw that posted. I also double checked my order date and it was placed in January 2007. Three years and counting. The question is, how long is too long? I think those of us who still have pre-orders should at least be given an official update. Or pointed at and made fun of, whatever works. :P
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

Island Raider
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Island Raider » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 pm

On the bright side, at least my credit card number expired so it is no longer sitting with my preorder. If and when the Dauntless comes out I will be more than willing to update to my current number, but for now it is just a placeholder.

Mike

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:22 pm

I know times are hard but damned man as my father used to say ..."sh-it or get off the pot"
either make the bird or as someone said point at us and laugh
Last edited by usmcchet9296 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 am

You should know by now that any announcement from Admiral is to be interpreted as 1 day = 1 to 2 Months... :lol: :lol: :lol:
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:51 am

scbvideoboy wrote:It still doesn't make sense with a worldwide recession and people not buying things... to raise the prices?
What you may be in fact saying is: "It isn't economically feasible to produce this product at US$45 in this economy for the U.S. market."

For example, if these aircraft had to be manufactured in the U.S. at minimum or even union wages do you suppose they would even be made? The obvious answer is no.

1:18 scale pre-painted pre-assembled models are a product of a particular economic climate - that is to say, an affluent U.S. consumer who is able to talk a poor Chinese laborer into accepting a (very small amount of) U.S. currency of dubious value in exchange for a lot of materials and labor.

This game won't go on forever - not only will the Chinese laborer expect more into the future, the U.S. consumer is losing purchasing power daily. This results in higher prices and the reality that some of you (perhaps many?) will not be able to stay in this hobby.

Thus ends today's economics lesson. :)
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:30 am

This is why all that I've bought lately is 1/32. (even quite a few from you Corey :wink:)
Though even 1/32 is getting out of my range lately for some older pieces I don't have yet, and the fact that there really has been nothing new in 1:18 aside from the F-14, which I had no interest in.

Luckily most of what has been made I got before the ridiculous prices increases on the secondary market.

My advise is to get whatever you're gonna get in a pre-order at an online store, because they're not going to go down in price anytime soon, even though we may cry about the price increases, they are what they are.

Now is anybody going to buy that Star Wars AT-AT for $100? :? :lol:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:03 am

Dauntless wrote:This is why all that I've bought lately is 1/32. (even quite a few from you Corey :wink:)
Though even 1/32 is getting out of my range lately for some older pieces I don't have yet, and the fact that there really has been nothing new in 1:18 aside from the F-14, which I had no interest in.

Luckily most of what has been made I got before the ridiculous prices increases on the secondary market.

My advise is to get whatever you're gonna get in a pre-order at an online store, because they're not going to go down in price anytime soon, even though we may cry about the price increases, they are what they are.

Now is anybody going to buy that Star Wars AT-AT for $100? :? :lol:

yes yes and yes
whats up doc....

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm

I guess since we've not heard anything, Admiral's not releasing the Dauntless anytime soon at least not within our lifetime.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mitch » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:46 pm

chirp chirp chirp *crickets

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 pm

If its trumpeter I known it, 3 years ago......not the SBD but 1/18th.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Anyone have updates on either Dauntless? I found this on the hobbyboss one: http://www.migproductions.co.uk/catalog ... ts_id=9908 Hope that release date is incorrect..
Builder and Collector of RC Aircraft

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:54 pm

B-29 wrote:Anyone have updates on either Dauntless? I found this on the hobbyboss one: http://www.migproductions.co.uk/catalog ... ts_id=9908 Hope that release date is incorrect..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:05 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:It is not Admiral's SBD, and they have never been in negotiations with Trumpter. However, an SBD in 1:18 is a possibility by year's end if everyone gets on board... James of Admiral Toys will be discussing this in a post later tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,
Jason
Any more updates on this?

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sun May 02, 2010 3:53 pm

I think any release date after Dec 21 2012 is a bit optimistic.

on the other hand I have been typing 2020 a lot too, but it's May now.