JSI F-14 detailed pics are up

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:40 am

VMF115 wrote:They are going to make an Su-25 instead of an A-10....... :cry:

Just Kidding :lol: hell I thought that was funny.

Hell, I wouldn't mind. As an old Air Defender, I always tought the Frogfoot was unique and had a cool profile ;-). Anybody else remember the old Fin flash and Aircraft profile cards we used to study in the Army? :D

la817291
Corporal
Corporal

Post by la817291 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:04 am

It's really awesome, but anyone know where to get the 1/18 pilot figures of VF-84? Will the JSI release the 1/18 pilot figures of VF-84 in the future?

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Looks sweet and like other have said bring on the A10!!!!!!!!!!
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:39 am

I always tought the Frogfoot was unique and had a cool profile
It was also very heavily armed and difficult to shoot down, as the Muj in Afghanistan quickly discovered back in the day. It was sometimes referred to as a "flying tank" and along with the Hind heli, was a highly effective and lethal ground attack platform.

Regarding the JSI F-14: Does anyone know what the projected production run (ie. the number of units produced) on these will be...?? I would assume that given the enormous physical size of the model, and the rather substantial cost of acquiring one, the total number manufactured will be relatively small...?? Just curious, but a very cool bird in any case. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Ferrari250GTO
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Ferrari250GTO » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:49 am

ostketten wrote:
Regarding the JSI F-14: Does anyone know what the projected production run (ie. the number of units produced) on these will be...?? I would assume that given the enormous physical size of the model, and the rather substantial cost of acquiring one, the total number manufactured will be relatively small...?? Just curious, but a very cool bird in any case. 8)
You may find this first paragraph interesting-
http://www.badcattoys.com/newsletter.html

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:22 pm

The factory knows exactly just how many it make and we're told that this will be the one and only run for the Jolly Rogers scheme.
This can be interpreted in so many ways. For example, maybe it's the only run for that specific Jolly Rogers scheme. The Jolly Rogers used a bunch of paint schemes, the one in Final Countdown is significantly different from the one we've seen in the latest JSI images.

Also if JSI makes an F-14B(which isn't hard to do, considering their current mold is a late model F-14A, and once the engine nozzles for the F110-GE400 are put on, most of the work is pretty much done), does anyone honestly think they will pass up the opportunity to make a VF-103 Jolly Rogers bird? I highly doubt it. Not to mention, there are several VF-103 Jolly Rogers schemes to choose from.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:12 am

Shin Densetsu wrote:
Also if JSI makes an F-14B(which isn't hard to do, considering their current mold is a late model F-14A, and once the engine nozzles for the F110-GE400 are put on, most of the work is pretty much done), does anyone honestly think they will pass up the opportunity to make a VF-103 Jolly Rogers bird? I highly doubt it. Not to mention, there are several VF-103 Jolly Rogers schemes to choose from.
It might be hard the Fairings on the out side of the engines are different will have to see how JSI added them.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:39 am

This can be interpreted in so many ways.
Agreed. Perhaps the commercial success of this initial offering will determine JSI's willingness to produce other paint schemes and/or variants. My gut feeling is that in the current economic climate there are only so many people that will plunk down $250 for one of these birds, that's a lot of coin for one model no matter how spectacular it may be, but I suppose we will just have to wait and see.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:52 am

comments like that from JSI could merely be to encourage people to order quickly, rather than fence sit, because of the high price. They've got a lot of money invested in the f-14 and will be milking it for years, no doubt, with many schemes. The jolly rogers scheme isn't the be all and end all anyway.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

F-14

Post by digger » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:39 am

If they're just cranking up the assembly line now I think a November delivery may be in jeopardy. We waited this long so it is not a big deal, but I had heard maybe around new years and it seems more and more likely.

VMF115

Re: F-14

Post by VMF115 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:42 am

digger wrote:If they're just cranking up the assembly line now I think a November delivery may be in jeopardy. We waited this long so it is not a big deal, but I had heard maybe around new years and it seems more and more likely.
Not if they make more for repaints for next year.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:51 am

The jolly rogers scheme isn't the be all and end all anyway.
Definitely, with the F-14A alone you have the most paint schemes to choose from than any other variant.

Though being that their model is a late F-14A, there aren't as many to choose from that would be accurate for it. Black Knights is one, maybe the OIF VF-41 Black Aces birds too.

Retooling can and might happen but it won't be on the 1st release.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:11 am

I was on the phone with MTS the other day to check on what price I received on my pre-order. ($219.99!) When I was talking with them he mentioned that this was the largest and most expensive order they have ever had. He also told me the planes were probably about 2 weeks out from landing state side and a lot of their planes would ship directly from there. He put me down for picking the plane up locally at his store since he’s only up in Dayton Ohio. Shipping was looking to be around $30. Of course that price was not cemented yet. I just wanted to give a heads up to those who ordered form MTS. You may be getting a phone call in a week or two confirming your orders!

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:44 am

I hope they give me a call since they didn't respond to my email about my preorder.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:34 am

NWarty wrote:I hope they give me a call since they didn't respond to my email about my preorder.
They didn’t respond to mine either. That’s why I ended up calling to check on it. :wink:

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:41 am

Thanks. I'll give em a call this afternoon :wink:

mkxiv
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mkxiv » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:03 am

Sorry Guys for they non-replies to e-mails. We recently had an airshow in Oceana and we are now preparing to open a retail store in two weeks....things have been crazy!! We will be contacting everyone with a pre-order over the next week to verify orders and billing and shipping info.

We will be attending I Hobby this weekend and hope to get a firm answer from the US distributor if the Tomcats have left China. If this is the case we are only weeks away!!! This thing is going to be HUGE!

On a very cool note we had a pre-order come in for the Tomcat, the guy was so excited because this was the exact Tomcat he flew when in the Navy. Needless to say he is very happy to have his Kitty once again.

Thanks,

Isaiah
www.militarytoyshop.com
937-320-1428

forcerecon85
Corporal
Corporal

Post by forcerecon85 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:45 am

This is awesome and I have to buy it. The bad thing is it will hurt my wallet and I have no place to put it hahaha. Not sure if I should pre-order it or wait until it comes out

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 am

They did some nice custom deck crew for this show:

http://www.merit-intl.com/month/chicago%20f-14.htm
I Tan I Epi Tas

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:30 am

WOW!!! :D

If that is the way it is going to come packaged, I love it!!

Very nice and protected.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:19 pm

That is the best packing I've ever seen! Quite ingenious disassembly of the plane. I hope against all hopes it comes packed that way as such packing will ensure this big, expensive item ships safely. That was something 21c never got right and it wrecked more than one big expensive model plane...

BTW, that is a neat custom deck crew for the F-14 - using BBI pilot bodies, I think. Wouldn't it be ironic if the plane came with ground crew figures and not pilots :P
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

F-14

Post by digger » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Birddog wrote:WOW!!! :D

Very nice and protected.
Agreed. And the thing just looks too cool. I just caved. Every time I get out..
Oh, and I'll take that deck crew too, thanks. 8)

On a related note - mkxiv, anyway we can get pointed in the direction of an actual photo for the profile? :P

EDIT - Anyone spot that repainted 109G in the background?

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Nice, all around!

I didn't know JSI had the 109G mold. I think some repaints there would be great.

It doesn't look like there are gun pods under the wings, so maybe that's it for the G-6 variant.

Black_Dragon_One

Re: F-14

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:15 pm

digger wrote:
Birddog wrote:WOW!!! :D

Very nice and protected.
Agreed. And the thing just looks too cool. I just caved. Every time I get out..
Oh, and I'll take that deck crew too, thanks. 8)

On a related note - mkxiv, anyway we can get pointed in the direction of an actual photo for the profile? :P

EDIT - Anyone spot that repainted 109G in the background?

nice
whats up doc....

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Ta-152 wrote:They did some nice custom deck crew for this show:

http://www.merit-intl.com/month/chicago%20f-14.htm

i hope they make these
whats up doc....