PTE Elite IFV / New PTE Item

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:40 am

The new Chinese vehicles seem to be some of PTE's best efforts yet, even if they have potential limited use. The detailing on them is actually pretty good. With a little better paint work, they are easily as good as some of the early BBI modern vehicles - and they have more functionality than the current FOV 1:18 offerings. I am a bit disappointed that the APC does not have more of an interior and making one would have been within the scope of PTE's capabilities. That is what causes me to hold off from it for the moment...

The Type 98 tanks may have been available in North America for a short time from that Kids Army Store etailer listed in another PTE thread. I think they imported them from their companion shop in England, but then ran out (which was right when I placed my order with them). The guy on the JoesCustoms forum may also have simply gotten the tanks shipped from England. It would have been pricey, but sometimes the need for foreign armor calls for desperation I guess.

I'm glad to see the Type 98 tank pictured next to the GI Joe Mobat and 21c M-48. It gives me a better approximation of the size. I know it is underscaled like the PTE Abrams (around 1:20 scale), but ultimately not as bad as I thought. It would work quite well with my 1:18 modern vehicles 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Building is pretty much what I thought it would be, so I'm pleased. Some of the gear's cool too, and I'll sell the figures, so ultimately it's an easy buy for me. Just gotta let my contact know now to go through with the purchase.

Very neat... Needs some spiffying up inside, but very neat indeed.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Here are a few reference pictures I took of the IFV and Type 90 I picked up a few months back from an online retailer.

Hope they help:

IFV vs. FOV Abrams

Type 90 vs. FOV Abrams
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm

not too bad...a t-72 is a roughly 10% smaller than an abrams and that's about right for those pictures...height and length look good, width is obviously too small as it should be nearly the same as the abrams.

What online retailer did u get them at?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:42 am

This is where I purchased them from:

http://www.mklmodels.co.uk/peacekeepers ... -393-c.asp
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:36 am

Thanks for the pics, Birddog! I have a Type 98 tank coming from the same retailer in the UK and it really did not cost me much more than what I would have paid at that US etailer that said they had them and didn't.

It is good to see how the Type 98 measures up in size to the Bravo Team Abrams. The size is perfect for my purposes and the tank appears bigger than I expected. It will, however, need a little detail paint work :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:12 pm

after looking at the pictures on joecustoms the building is more useful than i thought. The outer stairs aren't as unusual looking as i thought they were. This would be fine for a section of a european apartment building as well as a modern day iraq building.

The interior would be good for a house to house fighting piece like the Osprey book cover:

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/images/ ... 032912.JPG

the exterior has a lot of uses too....i may end up getting more than one of these..

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:14 pm

I'm getting one, but I may get my buddy to pick me up a couple more if I come into a little extra money here this year. They're definitely nice looking and make great backdrops for a lot of different figures/set ups.

I hope they surface some day in the U.S. through Penneys or Big Lots. BL of course being the ideal since they probably woudl cost a whopping $30 tops. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:16 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Thanks for the pics, Birddog! I have a Type 98 tank coming from the same retailer in the UK and it really did not cost me much more than what I would have paid at that US etailer that said they had them and didn't.

It is good to see how the Type 98 measures up in size to the Bravo Team Abrams. The size is perfect for my purposes and the tank appears bigger than I expected. It will, however, need a little detail paint work :wink:
No problem Tman. Wish I had put them up sooner for all of you.

I know what you mean about the paint work. I picked up two fo the tanks and I'm planning on doing the same thing... :wink: :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 am

I got my Type 98 tank yesterday and really like it :D

It is underscaled (about 1:20 scale) and sits a little low, but the tank goes well with my existing modern armor and does not look out of place. I painted a few details on the tank, but left it in its standard condition overall. Even just a little detailing such as painting the gun, spare track links, and engine gratings really improves the look of the tank. All in all, the item put me down around $60 with shipping from England, which is not much more than I would have paid for it from that etailer here that supposedly had them at one time. Really, the tank is a great piece of work by PTE and is nicely detailed. If these show up on the US market, I'll certainly pick up another :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:24 am

hey tman.......get one of the chap mei t-72's and stick the turret on the pte tank. I want to see what it looks like. :D

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:28 am

Any of our forum member e-tailers know if these will be selling in the US?
or should we grab thme now while we can?

Thanks!

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Grognard wrote:I ordered the IFV from JCP yesterday. The set was on sale for $29.99 with Shipping it came to a little over $41....
Cool! Thanks for the tip! :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Here are a few photos of my PTE Type 98 tank with the small "custom" improvements I did to it. Nothing was done to the tank structurally, but i highlighted a few parts of the tank with paint and feel that it made the vehicle look a little better. Enjoy 8)

Basically, I painted the gun and engine gratings gunmetal in color, painted the end of the main gun barrel black, and painted the spare track links on the front of the tank. I then added some PTE stowage. The figures are PTE bodies with 21c Japanese figure heads and 21c Vietnam tanker helmets. They are totally inaccurate when compared to actual Chinese tankers, but the look quite "foreign" compared to the Bravo Team US tanker figures and so get the effect I desired :wink:

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Received mine yesterday too! Must say I'm pleasantly surprised by the APC. Was expecting less from PTE but actually looks pretty good now right out of the box and with a little paint will look even better. :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:16 pm

While not exactly a new PTE item, I recently got around to getting the PTE raft set from an etailer. It works perfectly for a Navy Seal Combat Rubber Raiding Craft (CRRC) with the Bravo Team Seal figures and it even floats 8)

In some ways, I like this better than the PTE RIB boat as the Zodiac does not seem so underscale and does not take up as much display space.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:15 am

i always meant to pick up one of those New Brigh r/c zodiacs. Would have been perfect for a navy seal RIB with a minor repaint...and nearly perfectly scaled too.

They were super expensive up here and didnt sell well so i expected them to go on discount but they never did and now they're all gone. Oh well, i may stumble across one cheap, some day..

Valentin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Valentin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:41 am

Just pick up the IFV at my local TRU, here's the quick review.

Quick Look

Power Team Elite®: World Peacekeepers® Infantry Fighting Vehicle(IFV)
Item #: 77039
UPC/EAN/ISBN: 018859770395
Manufacturer: M&C Toy Centre Ltd
Availability: Toys 'R' Us
Price: SGD$37.95

Front and back of packaging
Image Image

The complete set
Apart from the IFV and 2 figures, the accessories consists of:
• 2 Jerry Cans
• Spade
• Axe
• Ammo Box
• 2 Weapons
• Bino

Let's check out the 6 views of the IFV.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

This IFV is an Armoured Personnel Carrier(APC), and it's also amphibious(Can travel in water). Let's take a closer look.

The front part:

The top with hatches open:
Image Image

The turret:
Image Image
Am not sure what's the hatch for the turret for? Since my searches on google have turn up naught.

I quite like the overall look of this APC, though the rear door being an openable hatch would have really made it a much better realistic toy. And of course, if that's the case, the top 6 hatches would have to be reduced, or perhaps integrated with the passenger compartment.

Anyway, here's more random shots:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:51 pm

That's cool, Valentin. Hopefully we'll see these in the US soon enough. While I've already got one, any sign of the Type 98 tank at TRU as well?

Valentin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Valentin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:03 pm

Yes, it's in too. Though am waiting for the festive discounts, to see if it might be priced cheaper.

(As per the catalogue on the back on the packaging)
For the new stuff, we have,
• Aerial Rocket Helo (ARH)
• Main Battle Tank (Type 98)
• Infantry Fighting Vehicle(IFV)
• Expeditionary unit
• Military vehicle

For the re-stocks,
• Black hawk
• Humvee
• Infantry tower
• Training Camp
• Tent

Under true heros series
• Black hawk
• F-22 Rapter

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&hl=de&v=GpLv_cLa8Ds

at the very end of this video of a firefight in kosovo, 2 IFV's drive by...they look like the same vehicle that the PTE IFV represents (the chinese ifv is based on a european design, the name of which i forget right now).

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Pretty intense video. Looks like the occupants of the car didn't fare to well. I'm pretty sure that those APC's belong to the German army. It's hard to be absolutely certain but after doing a Google search I believe that they are TPz Fuchs APC's. You can imagine what that sounds like when you say it but it means "Fox". Here's a site with some pictures and a video:
http://www.military-today.com/apc/trans ... _fuchs.htm

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:26 pm

You can hear an MG3 (modern MG42) tearing that car apart in that video. :shock: :shock:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.