Big lots Recon...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Big lots Recon...

Post by holensock » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:57 am

Made a stop at a local Big Lots today for the heck of it and to my surprise...PTE is NOW being placed on the shelves!!!! The aisle was away from the regular toy aisle and there were a couple of BL workers resetting the aisle.
On the shelves were the $3.00 camel & rider, horse & rider, etc. sets, the ever present towers, and the 12" guys. This only took about a quarter of the aisle, the rest of the shelves were still empty. I asked the worker if there was more, and they said probably as the backroom was FULL! They weren't sure now much more will come out yet today...meaning, come back later...
BUT...PTE is OUT!!!

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Guess it hasn't made it to my area yet... :(
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm hoping to get:

-Bunk sets
-tent sets
-maybe another bridge or command center
-couple towers (I have at least 20 already, haha)
-An abrams set or two for SW custom tanks
-figure 3-packs with hedgehogs
-SWAT or fire sets with damaged walls

I'm hopeful. May run to BL tonight.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:04 pm

I'll check again over the weekend. What makes it exciting for me here is that THIS BL didn't have ANYTHING last year!
Hope some of stuff shows up. Over at the Fighting 1:18 are pictures of PTE's new stuff that shows their soldiers WITHOUT helmets ON-but helmets can be seen with the equipment in the background of the package!! So it looks like their soldier will now have removable helmets. Can't tell anything else about the soldiers...
Oh, and the clerk also said that she was surprised ALL this showed up this early!!

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:51 pm

this is interresting lets hope some new stuff does turn up their new figures do look interresting check this link out:
http://www.worldpeacekeepers.net/
thanks to the fighting18th
edit
http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=769
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Good find! And Chinese looking troops too
http://www.worldpeacekeepers.net/P1-81402.html
But I doubt they'll sell outside of China, you never know though.
Nev

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Hahaha, I knew this post was yours before I saw the posters name!! I'll keep an eye out for figs for you HNS but you cant get any of the new Chinese ones if they ever show up here:)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Checked one of my BigLots stores for the heck of it. They still had several PTE M1 tanks from last year.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:21 pm

popeye357 wrote:Hahaha, I knew this post was yours before I saw the posters name!! I'll keep an eye out for figs for you HNS but you cant get any of the new Chinese ones if they ever show up here:)
:lol:
It would be somethin if the Chinese soldiers did show up here!! And you're right-I'll be on my own if they do!!
I don't know what it is about this PTE stuff-but I LOVE it!! Could be the price point-but more I think is that these guys are FUN to pose!!
Sure hope the rest of the aisle is LOADED with the new stuff! BUT...I'm weak and will probably end up buyin MORE of the old!! (I'll start puttin money aside for your figs :wink:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:23 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Checked one of my BigLots stores for the heck of it. They still had several PTE M1 tanks from last year.
I've got about 6 of these tanks. Still haven't had time yet to do what I want as far as 'weathering' them. Do you or anyone out there know where I can get some 1:18 decals for them?

YT

Post by YT » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Great news!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Yes it is!! Especially after the 'weak' supply at BL's last year!!
And now I'm on the verge of breaking 1,000 posts!! And it looks like I'll be doing it here on the PTE Thread!! :D
:wink:

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:55 am

Thanks for the headsup holensock. I wasn't expecting these for about another month. I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of posting this news in a few other forums and pointing them to this thread.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:06 am

No problem, kduck!
And THANK YOU for this post as I've been waiting since last night for one more post so that I could respond and finally break my 1,000th post!
I wanted to do it with the PTE Thread as I find the PTE stuff affordable and FUN!
I'm gonna hit this BL again this weekend to see if BL filled up the rest of the aisle. Like I said, only about a quarter of the aisle was filled.
The BL worker said she was surprised ALL this PTE stuff came in at the same time they're putting out Back to School items.
More later!

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:33 am

I hope they restock the A-10
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Made it back to that BL today only to see the rest of the shelving filled with non PTE stuff. Only PTE was the $3 sets, the small black helicopters, the towers and a few 12" PTE soldiers-nothing new, but repeats from the past.
It's still early, so there's only hope that more will come and maybe some of the newer stuff...

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:29 am

If anyone's looking for the Chinese Army vehicles check Kids Army Store. They have the Type 98 tank for $39.99. They also have the Z9 helicopter for $39.99 and the Chinese FAV for $14.99. I didn't see any sign of the APC. They also have some of the older sets that haven't been as readily available in the past year or two. The cheapest shipping is UPS ground and depends on location. I added the T98, Z9 and FAV to my cart to get a shipping quote to GA and the shipping came to $18.85. Shipping rates are better to the West Coast. The shipping for those items to CA would be about $12. The best value when factoring shipping comes when you buy multiple items. For just the FAV it would be pretty steep but it doesn't go up much as you add items.

Check here in the Army Toys and Toy Airplanes sections:
http://www.kids-army-store.com/home.html

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:53 am

Thanks for posting the link. I purchased a Type 98 tank as my modern armor needs something foreign - hopefully not that US M1s will be engaging the Chinese in any eventual scenario! I'll have to laugh if they come out for $20 at Big Lots this year, but I have my doubts.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:40 pm

I doubt that they will show up at Big Lots as they haven't been reported as of yet. For anyone wanting just the FAV, I would suggest waiting until JC Penney puts Christmas toys up on their website. They had a playset last year that had the FAV in it. I think it was around $40 but it had lots of items in it and their shipping is very reasonable. Last year they added toys to their site sometime in Sept.

For those in Canada or those who have Canadian friends willing to ship items to them here are some links to some playsets still leftover from last year on the SEARS Canada website. Unfortunately they don't ship outside of Canada. US customers can create an account but items can only be shipped to Canadian addresses:

Power Team Elite Battlefield Deluxe $34.99 CAD
Power Team Elite Military $34.99 CAD
Power Team Elite Command Centre $49.99 CAD

For those that also dabble in 1:6 they have some of last years sets on clearance. Just do a search for "Power Team".

YT

Post by YT » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:40 pm

I hit a BL today they had the $3 sets (Horse, Camel, Kayak and campfire), Little Birds and the boat set.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Looks like all the BL so far are carrying the same things.
LOVE to get those Canadian Sears sets!! Sure would be nice if they'd show up in the US Sears Catalog!
Can't wait to see what JCP will carry!!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Just came from the POWER TEAM Forum and Gordon Chin-product designer, has been busy designing more 1:18! He didn't give any details on the new stuff, but at least they're doing NEW stuff. No details either on if and when we'll see it or what stores.
He's also busy doing animation for M&C. He only did two posts-his first in about 2 or 3 years, and ALOT of people are now asking him questions, so hopefully he'll be back with MORE info soon!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 pm

My stores are carrying a mix... Some have 3-packs, Humvees, and Littlebirds... Others have singles with deluxe accessory (camels, etc.), Littlebirds, Towers...

So far, no bigger sets (2 figures, bunk, 2 figures tent, etc.), no bridges, no command center, no Abrams. Those, unfortunately, were the main things I was interested in finding locally.

Maybe at some point, but unlikely at the moment.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

sdhenke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sdhenke » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:37 pm

I went to one today and they had attack helicopters, a few of the $3 sets and some 12in figures. Thanks for the heads up.
-Scott
If at first you don't succeed...GIVE UP!

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:00 am

My local BL has all the PTE stuff-
-Towers, Helicopter, Humvee, Attack Buggy, Modern Seal Boat set
-$5 carded figs with accessories (3 figures, a large weapon and sandbags, beach obstacle or molded sandbags)
-$3 boxed items- (horse, camel, campfire, diver w/kayak)

Did not see any bridges, command centers or large vehicles (Tanks, etc) or any chinese vehicles.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin