The Man with the Hat is BACK!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

The Man with the Hat is BACK!!

Post by Lance Quazar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:38 pm

I never thought I'd see the day, but these photos leaked of NEW Indiana Jones product!!!

Seriously!

I trust we will be seeing more from Comic Con in a few days.

Speculation is running rampant on what it all means.

For now, enjoy these tantalizing pictures and thrill to the Return of the Great Adventure!

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:43 pm

MUST HAVE MOTORCYCLE WITH SIDECAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:27 pm

ME MUST TO!!!!!!

the german riders look bad though!

Could someone post pics of this event in detail for us who could not go?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lance Quazar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:03 pm

I dunno, I like the Germans, even though they're clearly kitbashed.

Torsos from original IJ German and the riders arms look like, I dunno, Endor soldier, maybe....

Thrilled about Dietrich. And the guy with the flaming arm seen partially in the shot of Toht's gear is clearly the "Giant Sherpa" Indy fights in the bar.

So the fact that there are figures that Hasbro never discussed or teased before is indeed exciting!!

Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lance Quazar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:03 pm

I dunno, I like the Germans, even though they're clearly kitbashed.

Torsos from original IJ German and the riders arms look like, I dunno, Endor soldier, maybe....

Thrilled about Dietrich. And the guy with the flaming arm seen partially in the shot of Toht's gear is clearly the "Giant Sherpa" Indy fights in the bar.

So the fact that there are figures that Hasbro never discussed or teased before is indeed exciting!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Great figures and I hope they see the light of day - particularly the motorcycle :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:33 am

The Nepal Brute (guy who catches on fire and fist fights Indy) has been sighted and that opens up a LOT of speculation on where this could lead now.

It seems Hasbro's going to try something with this line.

Last week, zero hope of new Indy stuff.

This week, NOTHING but hope of new Indy stuff.

If they did the Nepal Brute, I'm wondering if we could get Gestapo? Nepal Marion?

I'm practically running around freaking out at the coolness. Col. Dietrich looks great, the German Bike looks great (the riders are weird, and I like them), Toht looks great (both heads), Ark Ghost is freakishly great.

How can anyone be disappointed right now? The fact they're doing SOMETHING alone has me stoked. :) Plus maybe some Temple figures will show up too, as I'd like a couple for customizing but the wave was rare enough I wouldn't cave to get extras just to hack up.

now... Who knows? Anything, at this point, is possible with this line. That alone has me so happy. :)

EDIT:

By the way, to speculate on the German Riders, I see:

-Head/Hat (Hat looks removable, as do the goggles, and both appear "new" to me).

-Legs... I cannot identify these at all, the photo's not good enough.

-Arms... Death Star Gunner. Check 'em out close Lance, i'd be that's them, right down to the gloves I think! Very odd.

-Body/Torso... German. No changes.

-Bandoleir... Looks new to me. No match I can think of.

Lots of new parts on those guys it seems.

I'm assuming the hat, if removable, is the same as Colonel Dietrich's hat, which also appears removable. Dietrich seems to be an all-new sculpt. Someone speculated his legs were the original cycle riders, but I don't think they are as they don't appear to be the riding breaches/jagdpurs that the cyclist had.

The new cycle/sidecar rider's legs are a real mystery till better pics surface. Could be new also.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lance Quazar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:49 am

Death Star Gunner! Of course! I think you nailed that one, Jesse.

Hmm. Looking at Dietrich, I think the lower "skirt" piece may be the same from the original German soldier.

And his belt/holster looks a lot like Vogel's - would they/could they have combined the tooling on those parts?

I am slightly worried about Dietrich. His arm articulation is crap, with no ball joints in either shoulders or elbows. Oh, well.

But he looks REALLY tall. Toht is a tall figure himself (we know this from Cobra Commander), so I'm worried he may tower over Indy. We'll see....

Otherwise, I am extremely excited by this, particularly since there is so much "new" product show, like the Ghost and the Nepal Thug.

Who knows what else will be revealed? That's not even counting the other four Raiders Wave 2 figures that I desperately hope they release.

That said, I am not going to count my chickens here.

I doubt the line will be back for any extended period of time.

Rather, I think we'll see just one big release to coincide with whatever video game or other cross-promotion they are planning (note, it says Dietrich and Toht are part of a "video game 2 pack". Very intriguing in and of itself!)

So I don't want to get carried away like last year and imagine all the great stuff they're going to be making on into the future.

But ANYTHING is better than nothing. And what we've seen so far is already friggin' fantastic!!!

Even if this was all we got, I'd still be over the moon.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:39 am

very hopeful indeed if Hasbro has found some way to rescue this line. I love Toht and the Arc ghost is cool as heck.

Sidecar combo looks ok....will be the same clunky motorcycle though so i reserve my judgement on that. Still, will no doubt be modifiable into something decent.

Excellent news all around...i wonder if this means IJ sales picked up more than expected?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:16 am

great pictures
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Bubble

Post by dandaman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:22 am

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but these could merely be prototypes that will never see the light of day.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:23 am

POP! thats not nice :lol:
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:25 am

Damn I really hope that the motorcycle w/sidecar makes it to retail, and isn't impossible to find. I'd bet these will only see release through online shops and places like game stop etc. I really don't see any big box stores taking the risk after the clearances last winter.

Deitrich arms are from the S1 21st Century German figures so he's definitely a prototype to some degree.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

normandy

Man in the Hat........

Post by normandy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 pm

That would be cool if it happens.
So this is going to be a 2 pack Colonel Deitrich & Major Toht APR: $14.99 AVAIL. Jan '10 ok we'll see.
If this does happen I hope Hasbro gets their act together as far as figure distribution goes. We don't need 30 of one fig and 2 of another hanging on the pegs. :roll:

Jesse James

Re: Bubble

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:54 pm

dandaman wrote:Not to burst anyone's bubble, but these could merely be prototypes that will never see the light of day.
I'd agree if they weren't listed clearly as parts of assortments... They're doing something with them.

the "lost" wave of raiders figures were cancelled because the LINE was cancelled. These, are not a continuation of that line, but new assortments, as their cards indicate. I'm assuming exclusives in some capacity, but it's hard to say till Hasbro releases images more officially, probably later at the con.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:41 pm

These are awesome i hope hasbro makes them, i'm really mad theres no new Mutt figure :cry: :cry:
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lance Quazar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Stug45 wrote:These are awesome i hope hasbro makes them, i'm really mad theres no new Mutt figure :cry: :cry:
Seriously? What, you didn't get a chance to buy one the first time?

;)

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Ok, I'm lost, the motorcycle is 3 3/4, but it says titanium vehicle right after. IIRC, the titanium vehicles were the small scale diecast IJ toys weren't they?

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Lance Quazar wrote:
Stug45 wrote:These are awesome i hope hasbro makes them, i'm really mad theres no new Mutt figure :cry: :cry:
Seriously? What, you didn't get a chance to buy one the first time?

;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:59 am

I checked out Figures.com early this AM, as of yet there's no news from Hasbro on the "new" Indy figures. I'll keep checking.........
http://www.figures.com/

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:56 am

All of these are items that were planned for the line but then the line was dropped because of sales performance issues.

Now, if these were shown recently at SDCC then it sounds as if Hasbro is going to make a try for them this 3rd/4th quarter, but that would be a change-up because they previously indicated that they would try the line again if/when the next Indiana Jones film came out.

Unless these were shown at SDCC though, it is likely that you are seeing something from some trade show event last year.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Word/rumor swirling is some kind of video game promotional deal or something. That's coming out of SDCC though where people are getting a lot of wires crossed with Hasbro these days.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Any new info on these??

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:27 am

I just noticed that the motorcycle w/sidecar isn't just the existing bike with a sidecar plugged into the side of it. Looks to me like it's got more realistic wheels/tires, the added brace to the front mudguard thingy, legshields, and it looks like it might have a jump seat behing the driver, also there are some L-bracket things where the saddlebags were on the old bike. Also just noticed that the sidecar has the MG mounted in storage on the side! :D
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:02 pm

I've heard rumblings it was all a hoax, and that they're customs... No clue as to the truth of that either, just saying what I've heard over the weekend.