1/6 Scale Humvees @ Tuesday Morning 69.99

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

1/6 Scale Humvees @ Tuesday Morning 69.99

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:24 am

I was @ Tuesday Morning today looking for Indy figs (NONE Found -Skunked again!) and looked high up on a shelf and there sat 2 BIG 1/6th scale 21stC Humvees- 12 volts of POWER!
They had them for 69.99 I know WM had this way back when and clearanced them down. But is 69.99 a good price? Anyone own one of these or have been looking for one?
Sound off!

Oops! :oops: 1/6 not 1/9....
Last edited by Razor17019 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:55 am

You mean 1/6th right? My brother in-law has been looking for one. I'll get it for him tonight if they still have one. Where was it and what color?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:01 am

toyktdlgh wrote:You mean 1/6th right? My brother in-law has been looking for one. I'll get it for him tonight if they still have one. Where was it and what color?
Toyktdgh,
Yes, 1/6 Humvee in Tan. The Tuesday Morning on Turfway Rd.
They are on the top shelf in the back of the store in the toy section.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:03 am

:wink:

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:10 am

$69 is a great price.

The 21C 1/6 Humvee is not good, it is excellent. RC controls make it a great toy. The only problem, if you can call it a problem, is that the speed of the Humvee is too fast to be scale. Tow missile fires missiles.

The only problem the 21C Humvee had with 1/6 guys was that the interior is not accessible to insert our 1/6 little guys and it wasn't popular with 1/6 guys.

I bought one at my local TM for the $69 as a present for my Grandson for his birthday next week. Haven't got a review from my son yet, gotta wait till the little guy has his B-day. I went back to my local TM to buy one for me but the last one was gone. Gotta check other TM's.

Usual price on eBay is from a rare $100 up to $250....... average price $200. Sucker is very heavy so shipping is usually added for around $50.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:21 am

They really are fantastic. I have one and it’s a wild monster to drive around. It’s fast and can go through grass as if it was paved. Not to mention it has a fantastic suspension on it. You can even buy two and use different crystals on them for double play. It’s a great vehicle and they are defiantly not making them anymore. I wish I could find a green one since the one I have is tan but I will still get one for my brother in-law. Great find thanks Mark!

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:38 pm

I saw them at TM also. They had a woodland camo and a desert camo.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:17 pm

toyktdlgh wrote:They really are fantastic. I have one and it’s a wild monster to drive around. It’s fast and can go through grass as if it was paved. Not to mention it has a fantastic suspension on it. You can even buy two and use different crystals on them for double play. It’s a great vehicle and they are defiantly not making them anymore. I wish I could find a green one since the one I have is tan but I will still get one for my brother in-law. Great find thanks Mark!
Glad I could help!
You are indeed welcome... :D

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Mark thanks again for the Intel. It’s always nice having people local that don’t mind sharing their finds.

On the same topic once we got his Hummer home we took some time to compare it to mine. At first I went to open up the back hatch to put the battery in like it is on mine. I quickly found out it wasn’t there. I didn’t realize that 21c had re-tooled the RC hummer. The differences don’t stop there. The entire suspension and drive axles are different too. Mine has solid axle shafts while the new one had composite shafts with universal joints. Also when running the new one compared to my old one it kind of made a romping surge when moving forward as if the axle shafts were competing with each other on something. As a whole I think the older version was better however the new battery location witch is now in the center through the hatch is definitely better. Any idea when these changes were made?

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Hey gang, back from the dead here.

The difference in the mechanical workings of the two Humvees is decided by the color you choose, either Desert Sand or O.D. I bought quite a few of these things years ago, and quickly found that the OD version handles far better due to the central placement of the battery. From then on I only bought the OD version. Its funny, mechanically the two versions are nothing alike. You cant even swap bodies. They are a blast to drive though.

I still have two OD R/C Humvees NIB in my garage. I will post them over in the B/S/T forum to see if anyone wants them. I could use the space in my garage. I wont miss them, being as the four I have out of the box dont see a whole lot of action as it is. :lol:

-Rob

"You have to go out, but you don't have to come back".

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:16 pm

All of mine are tan. One is the old style and one is the new.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:36 pm

OK. So we now there is the tan version and the O.D. version.

I have seen a cammo (with green, black and pink cammo). Is the cammo the O.D. you mention?

My son and Grandkid got the tan one in the yard, charged up and it blew their socks off at the full speed. My DIL got her drawers in a knot when this truck came screaming at her and ran her up on their deck, cowering wid de wemen. And this girl don't scare easy, has her own big MC. My guys had a ball. Every time the Humvee hit a root or bump, the tow launcher pops off. My Grandkid hit two trees and the house foundation with no damage (to the Humvee)....... hey, the guy is only four. :lol:

TTT

YT

Post by YT » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Thanks for posting this deal guys. I scoured all the TM in the area and found one at my last one! It was hidden on a top shelf behind some boxes, it is a miracle I found it. I can't get over how large and heavy it is, my son may not survive the 18 hours we have to wait for the battery to charge!

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:52 pm

:? Uh, I got a question........... What is Tuesday Morning??? I know it'll be the 21st of July... but this is a store? If so we don't have 'em in these parts. We got TGI Fridays...but you can't get 21st stuff there. :roll: oh well.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:32 pm

normandy wrote::? Uh, I got a question........... What is Tuesday Morning??? I know it'll be the 21st of July... but this is a store? If so we don't have 'em in these parts. We got TGI Fridays...but you can't get 21st stuff there. :roll: oh well.
How about Thursday Afternoon?
Yeah, Tuesday Morning is a store along the line of Big Lots/Odd Lots, but a tad more upscale.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:49 pm

I'd like to find one of these, but my TM stores either had them and they went, or never had them in the first place. They only ever get is tiny bit of Corgi items, but then I don't check them too often. Time for a road trip, I guess :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Island Raider
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Island Raider » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Normandy,

There are a few Tuesday Morning stores on LI. The closest to me is in SunVet Mall in Sayville. The Ronkonkoma store closed a few months ago. There are also stores in Greenlawn and Broadway Mall in Hicksville.

Mike

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:49 pm

TM has the usual kind of website and it has a store locator, of course with maps.

I've found alot of exactly the same merchandise that Wallyworld carries. Could they be a clearance store for Wally?

TTT

normandy

Re: Tuesday Morning

Post by normandy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:53 am

Thanks guy's I'm going out East on a day trip with Mrs. Normandy today and I'll see what I can find.

Ok just did a search.........Cedarhurst, Hicksville, Greenlawn and Holbrook. 8)

YT

Post by YT » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:15 am

Does anybody know anything about troubleshooting these? I charged mine for the instructed 18 hours (more like 19) and when I hooked it all up it won't run. The lights and sound work fine but the motors aren't working and the missle doesn't shoot. I took the bottom off and all of the connections seem ok, but I don't know the first thing about RC. Does anybody have any ideas? I hate to return it because I scoured all of the TM within my AO and this is the only one I found.

YT

Post by YT » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:39 pm

Can anybody help me? I let it charge for another 8 hours and it would do a little more, some rolling and I did get the missile to fire once. Does this mean a bad battery?

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:38 am

Well I found the Tuesday Morning store in Greenlawn..........No 1:6th Humvees.
Maybe it was just this store, it was a dump. There was stuff all over the place and it looked like it was leftovers that the $ stores didn't want. :? Nothing upscale about this place. :wink:

Oh, YT I don't have the 1:6th Humvee but it sound like its the battery. I have a RC boat and had a battery that wouldn't hold a charge got a new battery....works fine. Just check for loose wires first, good luck.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:59 am

YT - I'd agree with Normandy, check for loose wires and then the simplist thing is to replace the battery. If that works, get another battery. Always good to have a second battery to double your fun. At high speed, the 21C Humvee is gonna drain your battery quickly.

Normandy - Sorry, but TM is a clearance store, stuff all over, 99% is junk, the big box stores couldn't sell fast enough. You do have to hunt around and look behind other stock. I know, being from LI, you must be used to up scale stores. TM is an exception. :wink:

TTT

YT

Post by YT » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:03 am

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help. It just stinks that the battery is bad out of the box. But in this situation returning it is not an option so I guess I will try to find a battery.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:29 am

These things aren’t exactly new anymore. Those batteries have been sitting around for quite some time now. Still, it’s probably a fluke that it’s just not taking a charge or your charger is broken.