Target 1:18 Bravo Team Sale

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:02 pm

My son collects Star Wars ( or used to).
Personally, I want realism not fantasy stuff. But that's just me.... :D
Geoff

TEXAS_HOSS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by TEXAS_HOSS » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:29 pm

i like real stuff, BBI, FOV, 21st C, but i love Star Wars, i liked GI joe when i was a kid but now i really dont like them
When shooting a mime, don't use a silencer or his friends will hear you.

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Did this turn into a Joe thread lol.
A place for 1/18 chit chat with no BS
www.fighting118th.com
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/KISSDAWIND/temp_logo.jpg[/img]

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Yeah kinda sorta, but in a nutshell, how the big fish Hasbro can get Target to clearance the competition before it's craptastic little make believe vehicles hit the shelf, because they would look pathetically inadequate next to a Bravo Team tank. Conspiracy? ya never know. :wink:

TEXAS_HOSS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by TEXAS_HOSS » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:56 am

Dauntless wrote:Yeah kinda sorta, but in a nutshell, how the big fish Hasbro can get Target to clearance the competition before it's craptastic little make believe vehicles hit the shelf, because they would look pathetically inadequate next to a Bravo Team tank. Conspiracy? ya never know. :wink:
Even though i hate GI Joe and their ridiculous vehicles and figures, i can't fault Target. The reason is, when i take my little cousin to go buy something and try to show the historical and realistic toys, he puts them down and goes and looks at a red stuka F-14 mix with red scales on it. I see what Target is doing, they see kids like fake stuff. When i was about 9 or 10 i got my first 21st Century German, an Airbourne one and i put it down to play with GI Joes. Kids dont realize what they are playing with is not real, in their eyes it is, unfortunetly i hate it when good companys like 21st Century go out of business.
When shooting a mime, don't use a silencer or his friends will hear you.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Hmm

Post by dandaman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:50 am

TEXAS_HOSS wrote:they see kids like fake stuff
I dunno about that. When I was a kid and "played" with GI Joes, I remember when the line took a fantastical turn. They started putting out characters called "Serpentor" and "Golobulous". At that point, I remember being embarrassed playing with such weird characters. And I was still a kid.

Part of GI Joes charm is that it's based on army stuff. Why do you want to mix neon pink and neon green figures in with the line? That's what Star Wars and other sci-fi figures are for.

Stug45

Re: Hmm

Post by Stug45 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:21 am

dandaman wrote:
TEXAS_HOSS wrote:they see kids like fake stuff
Why do you want to mix neon pink and neon green figures in with the line?

:wink:

The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:31 am

I wouldn't say there's any conspiracy here... FOV's just "due" for some movement is all. It happens to GI Joe, Star Wars, and all the lines at various points. It doesn't mean their demise.

GIJ's were clearanced before the FOV stuff, actually, to make room for GIJ stuff... No conspiracy there at all. I think FOV's done tremendously well at Target, actually. I know our stores have been pretty routinely restocking FOV 1:18. It only stagnated recently with modern. They need a NEW series out, I will say that. The new modern though, all sold out, so maybe more of those need to ship... Some new WW2 wouldn't hurt, but the original WW2 sold out...

The vehicles, those have hit a rut lately, but then again we've had them restocked over and over again as well.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Yeah maybe conspiracy is a strong word.
Just a business decision. More stuff coming in, more shelf space needed.

Glad I got my two tanks, and I'll probably end up getting a GI joe ROC Duke for one of them.
Never did see that Bravo Tiger tank, anybody see it?

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Dauntless wrote: Glad I got my two tanks, and I'll probably end up getting a GI joe ROC Duke for one of them.
Never did see that Bravo Tiger tank, anybody see it?
Was it even made? For that matter did the US Halftracks get sold at Targets?

YT

Post by YT » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:06 am

I have a halftrack, it is not that impressive. Although it is the only one I have ever seen.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:46 am

The Tiger saw a very brief release in Fall 2007, about less then 2 months, before it vanished forever in the holiday clearance sale. Oddly, only one version of the Tiger appeared, the other version hasn't been released yet.
I'm so glad I got one, I almost passed on this one like everyone else because it looked toyish too to me. From that point on, I made sure to buy every vehicle released by Unimax and never complain until its out of the box to be better judged. 8)
The M16 was released back in October 2008 and it was in stores until around March 2009, after that it disappeared permanently from what I observed, I don't think it made it to clearance.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:20 am

so, with the bravo team stuff seeming to be selling very well, why the heck isn't unimax following it up with other new stuff and also re-release the tiger? I don't get it. :?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:26 am

I saw one 1/18 Tiger at Target and passed on it because it looked toyish. I'm glad I did because I later bought the FOV 1/16 Tiger #007-Michael Wittman---I love that tank.