Target 1:18 Bravo Team Sale

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Target 1:18 Bravo Team Sale

Post by Dauntless » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Saw all the Bravo Team Forces of Valor stuff at all the Targets in my area on sale.
The Abrams tanks were $20 marked down from $29.
They may be clearing them all out so there might be additional price reductions.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:43 pm

i'd like to think they're clearing the way for new bravo team stuff, but i know better..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

TEXAS_HOSS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by TEXAS_HOSS » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:57 pm

last i saw they were 4.99 per regular figure and paratroopers were 7.99....I didnt see the vehicles, they were out of stock

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

?

Post by dandaman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Did you just say Abrams tanks were marked down to $20?

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Yes, and on clearance not temporary markdown. I guess there is a difference someone told me.

YT

Post by YT » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:19 pm

I posted this over in the FOV thread yesterday:
I checked my local target Today and they had the smaller team Bravo vehicles on clearance for $15.38. In the past they had a ton of Shermans and a few Bradleys, but today only 1 Sherman and a couple of Bradleys. I had hoped to pick up a couple of the OD Shermans for customs but of course they had none, so I settled for a camo. I was speculating that they were clearing out the Abrams to make room for the LAV, but now I have my doubts, I just hope they are not ditching all of the vehicles.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:32 pm

My bad, guess I shoulda checked the FOV thread first.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Hmm

Post by dandaman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:13 pm

So are you saying that if we see a desert tan Abrams, we should pick it up without hesitation?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:00 am

it would be nice to know if this 1/18 bravo line is going anywhere or is a dead end..

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:00 am

dandaman wrote:So are you saying that if we see a desert tan Abrams, we should pick it up without hesitation?
Nah, we should wait for them to slash it down again to $15.

aferguson wrote:it would be nice to know if this 1/18 bravo line is going anywhere or is a dead end..
Their just doing the annual 1:18 vehicle clearance... hopefully.
If the Unimax's Bravo Team was a failure then we did be seeing mass clearance on the 1:32 figures, vehicles, and aircraft as well as the 1:18 figures being clearanced too, but they are not, just the 1:18 vehicles again. Luckly, the Freedom Ops Network stuff is on another clearance roll. So we don't have to worry about them supplanting Unimax at Target either.

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:02 am

I picked up a modern Paratrooper on clearence, for $5 and change. The M1A1 tanks were mark down to $20, I remeber last time they were maked down to $7.00. berfore they were finished.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:05 pm

aferguson wrote:it would be nice to know if this 1/18 bravo line is going anywhere or is a dead end..
The GI Joe movie figures are set to be stocked on July 6th also ahead of the movie release.

That might be a factor in clearing out shelf space for the whole GI Joe line, which is stocked right next to it normally.

There are some cheezy vehicles IMO coming out for the movie, so probably wouldn't help to have authentic vehicles right next to them. Not going to help Hasbro sales I'm guessing. Sure would help Bravo Team though.

Think I might pick me up one Abrams, though I like the forest camo one better.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Abrams and GI Joes

Post by dandaman » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:31 pm

I went to my local Target and saw 2 desert tan Abrams tanks. They were moved one shelf up...I guess for clearance purposes.

Anyways, I saw the GI Joe figures and the GI Joe vehicles for the new movie. No offense, but they are sooo lame.

I think I've already gone on record about how not-interested I am in the current incarnation of the GI Joes line...due to its fantastical nature. The figures are just more of the same.

There's nothing soldier-ish about them in my opinion. They're all very fantasy/sci-fi looking. And the vehicles...don't even ask. I saw an ad for the mobile PIT...you know, the GI Joe base...and it looks ridiculous. I don't even think a 5 year old would be interested in playing with that.

What were they thinking???

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:03 pm

i saw the movie gi joe figures today. Just glanced at them but they looked pretty good quality. Vehicles were goofy though.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:38 pm

I bought two of the Abrams tanks today. One tan and one green. They were down to just a few in only one Target. I wasn't going to chance a further markdown and miss out.

The GI Joe stuff was out. I dunno, for $15 I could have gotten the little one man kiddie ride tank instead of springing $5 more for the Abrams. :roll:

The little GI Joe vehicles were pretty pathetic IMO.

The figures though looked pretty damn good. Hasbro has the figures down.

Duke in his Desert Storm type Camo would have been right at home in the tan Abrams. Complete with modern helmet and nightsight scope. Wonder if you could switch heads with others and make a squad?

Heavy Duty with his OD green outfit would look good in the green Abrams.

There were quite a few other figures in there in a sort of blue-grey urban camo. Maybe for Russian Special Forces?

Anyways, getting off topic. There's a GI Joe thread already, but glad I sprung for the Bravo Team tanks.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Huh?

Post by dandaman » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Dauntless wrote:I bought two of the Abrams tanks today. One tan and one green. They were down to just a few in only one Target. I wasn't going to chance a further markdown and miss out.
I almost picked one up. My dilemma is where to store the huge thing. That's why I didn't buy it.
Dauntless wrote:The figures though looked pretty damn good. Hasbro has the figures down.
Whoa. Huh? What figures were you looking at? You thought they looked good? Am I missing something?

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:01 pm

No luck finding any Abrams or any Bradleys either, I get the feeling the G.I. Joe fans are cleaning them up as I'm only encountering endless stocks of Shermans at each store... grr. :evil:
Speaking about ROC, I stopped collecting Joes a long time ago, but ignoring the giant missile launcher of doom included with each fig, I kinda like the look of the ROC Figs. Some figs like the disguised Zartan and the Army Duke look amazing and might have potential to be crossed over with 21CT/BBI/Unimax.

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:23 pm

What is the reason FOV is not producing the Tiger I ? It was a good version, early to mid war and the potential for customizing.....I don't need any more Abrams or Bradleys. :roll:

Dauntless

Re: Huh?

Post by Dauntless » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:27 pm

dandaman wrote:
Dauntless wrote:I bought two of the Abrams tanks today. One tan and one green. They were down to just a few in only one Target. I wasn't going to chance a further markdown and miss out.
I almost picked one up. My dilemma is where to store the huge thing. That's why I didn't buy it.
Dauntless wrote:The figures though looked pretty damn good. Hasbro has the figures down.
Whoa. Huh? What figures were you looking at? You thought they looked good? Am I missing something?
Yeah I'm having that storage problem too, but I must feed the monkey. :lol:

The figures did look pretty good for a fantasy type military.. you know it's GI Joe.
I'm used to the Hasbro type sculpting and articulation, having tons of Star Wars, Indy and Gi Joe 25th Ann figures (not the GI Joe vehicles though) so by that standard yup they are good. I probably won't be buying but maybe a couple though.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Hmm

Post by dandaman » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:36 pm

As much as I don't like the new GI Joe movie figures, I have to admit the Baroness might make a good Sarah Palin custom.

TEXAS_HOSS
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Hmm

Post by TEXAS_HOSS » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:46 am

dandaman wrote:As much as I don't like the new GI Joe movie figures, I have to admit the Baroness might make a good Sarah Palin custom.
I might pay to see that!
When shooting a mime, don't use a silencer or his friends will hear you.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:36 am

Many of the GI Joe 25th Anniversary figures are well-made and very well-articulated; they just can't appeal to everyone because they aren't supposed to be real soldiers. Some of the more real-world ones are nice, but the flashy/Sci Fi/Fantasy ones like Serpentor and Croc Master are just... ugh.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:46 am

Checked out a Target near me and they were bone dry of 1/18 armor.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:48 am

Dauntless wrote: I'm used to the Hasbro type sculpting and articulation, having tons of Star Wars, Indy and Gi Joe 25th Ann figures (not the GI Joe vehicles though) so by that standard yup they are good. I probably won't be buying but maybe a couple though.
Me too! :)

The articulation is nice, the quality is high, so they are fine for posing along side my real looking 1:18 military vehicles.

Thus far I've picked up Barbeque, the Baroness, and the Camo Scarlett. Stg. Stone (I think that is his name) looks great as does Destro (who will be commanding my German Halftrack column.

Scarlett immediately became my Quad Trailer gunner.

As for the vehicles, I'm OK with some of them ... not $15 or $25 when there are $6 and $8 Humvees sitting at MD and $15 21c at TRU. And the FoV Bravo Force stuff is far nicer than Hasbro's future vehicles.

I see GI Joe as a bridge between the realistic military stuff and Star Wars.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by dandaman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:45 am

MCalamari wrote:I see GI Joe as a bridge between the realistic military stuff and Star Wars.
Wow, that's a really good way to put it!