MTS lists F-14 Pre-Order as VF-84 at $200

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: landing gear

Post by KWR190 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:12 am

supersonicfifi wrote:i really hope the landing gear will stand the weight of that beast !
Im with you on that. I use a small block of wood for my F/A 18 to help with the weight.

Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 14, 2009 10:13 am

Killerf6 wrote:I think a hi-vis paint scheme, no matter the squadron, hanging from the ceiling of my airplane room would have a wow factor of eleven. I just don't think the low-vis schemes would have quite the same effect. Don't get me wrong any 1/18 F-14 is going to have a high wow factor, I just think a high-vis scheme will have more.

Anyway if you all want a low-vis paint scheme just get yourself a can of grey and a pencil. Shoot the grey on the plane and pencil in all the markings. :shock:
I think the company will f up the high vis paint.. with so many detail needed to be shown and the complex bird the high vis will most likely be more complicated thus people will complain more when QC are off.. the more you see of the detail the more the company can go wrong with it. the company should come out with the low vis and an unpainted one so that people can add detail to the one they already have....
whats up doc....

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:47 am

F-14 update:

One dealer said the F-14 will be released in late 2009.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:01 pm

ISAIHA:

I also want a low-visibility paint scheme---either VF-84 Jolly Rogers or VF-154 Black Knights.

Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Killerf6 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:08 pm

The thing is that the hi-vis, especially VF-84 would sell much better than a low-vis version of any squadron imho.
Skull and Bones sell, and that particular paint scheme appeals to many people. Truthfuly I think they would have to F it up pretty bad for the average buyer to notice.

It is also kind of a sad state of affairs if it is better that a company not produce a certain paint scheme that would do well in the market place because it would be too hard to do correctly. I'm not sure what that says about our hobby.
I fly cartoon airplanes

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Killerf6 wrote:The thing is that the hi-vis, especially VF-84 would sell much better than a low-vis version of any squadron imho.
Skull and Bones sell, and that particular paint scheme appeals to many people. Truthfuly I think they would have to F it up pretty bad for the average buyer to notice.

It is also kind of a sad state of affairs if it is better that a company not produce a certain paint scheme that would do well in the market place because it would be too hard to do correctly. I'm not sure what that says about our hobby.
hay remember we pay $200 for this and a lot of guy want perfection and i do not blame them... but with such a large plane and detail things get lost in the loop...

the more stuff you can have the greater chance of f up....

you see more people gripe for stuff when it does come out with less then expected paint detail..

the low vis while not the flashy as the high give the company more place to hide flaw in the paint...

the more paint detail the more cost to the company...
whats up doc....

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Thu May 14, 2009 1:07 pm

BBi Does a fine job with the paint schemes on their big birds, I can't see why JSI wouldn't be able to.... :?:

On a side note, the only paint schemes with consistent problems that I can remember, were checkerboard patterns from 21st century... but that was back in the Walmart days of mass production. I don't think these big JSI fighters are going to have production runs anywhere near the same numbers.

Pa Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Pa Deuce » Thu May 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Killerf6 wrote:It is also kind of a sad state of affairs if it is better that a company not produce a certain paint scheme that would do well in the market place because it would be too hard to do correctly. I'm not sure what that says about our hobby.
I'm new to the hobby but I would say it says larger scales are very hard to deal with.. because the detail really stands out.. good and bad, and the difficulty is compounded by the process to mass produce them - but honestly, with some of the models I own, I am awed by the final product.. and the minimal price of ownership
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z144/b_daddyj/F-14.gif[/img]

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 14, 2009 2:09 pm

mountian-man wrote:BBi Does a fine job with the paint schemes on their big birds, I can't see why JSI wouldn't be able to.... :?:

On a side note, the only paint schemes with consistent problems that I can remember, were checkerboard patterns from 21st century... but that was back in the Walmart days of mass production. I don't think these big JSI fighters are going to have production runs anywhere near the same numbers.

bbi is a vary large company... jsi i do not know..
whats up doc....

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:13 pm

As I have said before the navy high vis is a real pain in the butt to get right on a 1/48 scale model, let alone on a 1/18th bird.. If the first one is a High vis I hope they do get it right. 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Black_Dragon_One wrote:
mountian-man wrote:BBi Does a fine job with the paint schemes on their big birds, I can't see why JSI wouldn't be able to.... :?:

JSI has been doing their toy thing for over 20 years.
I Tan I Epi Tas

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 14, 2009 3:08 pm

If anything, JSI's products should be much better than 21c in terms of quality control. In fact, 21c was one of the few toy companies that I have bought from that had such regular and poor QC control. BBI , Unimax, AT, Dragon, Hobbymaster, Corgi all had few problems. The big ones like Hasbro also had good QC.

21c didn't, never really seemed interested in rectifying the problems, and that certainly hurt their sales...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

cornbreadfred
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cornbreadfred » Thu May 14, 2009 3:43 pm

I love the Navy high vis paint schemes. Bring on those colorful Tomcats!
Fred, really looking forward to the JSI 1/18th scale Grumman F-14 Tomcat.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

is it A B C D ?

Post by supersonicfifi » Fri May 15, 2009 1:53 am

Does anybody knows if it s an early A model or a late D model ? ( i would love to have a "BOMBCAT" to compliment my futur F 15 E !!!!!
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri May 15, 2009 1:53 am

Ta-152 wrote:
Black_Dragon_One wrote:
JSI has been doing their toy thing for over 20 years.

you guy for get the rc 1:18 scale tank issue that made 21st lose a lot of money with the recall...

as i saide wait and see....

i just need one to be made low vis would be great...
whats up doc....

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Fri May 15, 2009 2:37 am

supersonic,
Looks to be a B Model. This is good in that it gives JSI a chance to offer the optional ordinance of LGB's to make a Bombcat. It does make me wonder, if it's going to be a later model Tomcat, will the LANTRN pod exist along with the bombs, or is it going to be a mid 90's phoenix laidened sucker?

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Fri May 15, 2009 4:59 am

Guess its time to start rolling pennies again...
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

VMF115

Re: is it A B C D ?

Post by VMF115 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:59 am

supersonicfifi wrote:Does anybody knows if it s an early A model or a late D model ? ( i would love to have a "BOMBCAT" to compliment my futur F 15 E !!!!!
I don't know but they say its an a model could also be an A+ version too!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sat May 30, 2009 7:27 am

Black_Dragon_One wrote:any one deal with this company before...

are they legit...
I met them at the Sun 'n Fun at Lakeland (FL) 3 years ago and have bought from them: first class people to deal with!

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:23 am

ok got my preorder in i said i put my money where my mouth is...
whats up doc....