Can we be more negative?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Jay wrote:..ya know, I welcome JSI with open arms, and i'm not perfect myself......I just......I just think we need more cow bells :P
yes cow bells please :D
whats up doc....

snake

Post by snake » Thu May 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Definately more cow bell! :D

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Thu May 28, 2009 3:20 pm

No bitching from me unless it's hurry up my credit card has the full blanace zero'd out and ready for a F-14 and 15.

Lets goooooo!
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

Island Raider
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Island Raider » Thu May 28, 2009 3:50 pm

I plan on supportting JSI quite a bit, especially with the F-14. My concern though is that the company makes smart decisions that allow them to do well and support the scale. I'm worried that they will come in with all guns blazing, offering product that won't sell well or be priced too high, and then saying "There is no support for 1/18 so we are out." Making the F-14 and F-15, no brainer there. They should sell well and make the company money. Rerelease planes and schemes that didn't sell well initially just because they have the tooling, not too smart. Call me a negative nacy but I don't see the Flanker doing as well as the F-14 and 15s. It's great it is being produced but I hope it won't be a huge albatross hanging around JSI's neck and dragging them down. Just because a vocal minority wants something doesn't mean that doing so is in the best interest of the company. I think most people forget that the main purpose of a company like JSI or 21st was to make a profit and expect them to make whatever they want made, whether it hurts the company or not. I just hope JSI is smart when it comes to future releases, makes items that the collector wants and still brings them profits.

Mike

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Island Raider wrote:I plan on supportting JSI quite a bit, especially with the F-14. My concern though is that the company makes smart decisions that allow them to do well and support the scale. I'm worried that they will come in with all guns blazing, offering product that won't sell well or be priced too high, and then saying "There is no support for 1/18 so we are out." Making the F-14 and F-15, no brainer there. They should sell well and make the company money. Rerelease planes and schemes that didn't sell well initially just because they have the tooling, not too smart. Call me a negative nacy but I don't see the Flanker doing as well as the F-14 and 15s. It's great it is being produced but I hope it won't be a huge albatross hanging around JSI's neck and dragging them down. Just because a vocal minority wants something doesn't mean that doing so is in the best interest of the company. I think most people forget that the main purpose of a company like JSI or 21st was to make a profit and expect them to make whatever they want made, whether it hurts the company or not. I just hope JSI is smart when it comes to future releases, makes items that the collector wants and still brings them profits.

Mike
Funny, America isn't the only market out there, and i bet the Flanker outsells the F-15 and F-14 in the Chinese domestic market.
I Tan I Epi Tas

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Thu May 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Ta-152 wrote:Funny, America isn't the only market out there, and i bet the Flanker outsells the F-15 and F-14 in the Chinese domestic market.
Exactly. Not to sure about the popularity of certain planes in certain countries. However, the US is only a portion of total model collectors world wide. I think that's where 21st missed out in some regards, and BBI did what came naturally.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:27 pm

I am all for JSI. I like many, missed out on some of these earlier releases and am happy that we will see something new in 1/18.

For all the complainers out there if you dont like it then dont buy it. Like I said in another thread, you can always go back to what ever hobby you were into before 1/18. Like sewing :wink:
A place for 1/18 chit chat with no BS
www.fighting118th.com
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/KISSDAWIND/temp_logo.jpg[/img]

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Thu May 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Ta-152 wrote:Funny, America isn't the only market out there, and i bet the Flanker outsells the F-15 and F-14 in the Chinese domestic market.
I've spent quite a bit of time in China in the last few years and I'd be willing to bet that the Flanker will sell like hot cakes ... erhh, dim sum ... in China.

Don't be surprised if we see some PLA modern armor, too.