$800 Blue Angels

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
snake
Officer - Brigadier General

$800 Blue Angels

Post by snake » Sat May 16, 2009 11:31 pm

My response to paying $114 more than this ebay price,for a model that is more than twice as rare,an almost impossible to find.
RAAF F-18 "Checkers".
The BBI F-16,F-18 series is getting expensive to aquire.
Wish I had bought a BA a couple of years ago.Same thoughts with all of the BBI F-16,F-18 series.
These are getting expensive,aren't they.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat May 16, 2009 11:50 pm

I got the run-of-the-mill F/A-18C Golden Dragon about two months ago and thought I'd paid a pretty penny. Amazing what these jets are going for a mere two months after I bought mine. Glad I did though. :D

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:25 am

I dont really understand what youre saying in the beginning of you post. Please forgive my ignorance.

snake

Post by snake » Sun May 17, 2009 5:31 pm

My point is last week I aquired an extremely rare RAAF F-18 Hornet.One of only 250 produced,making it more than twice as rare as the Blue Angels.
It cost me $914,as I was bidding against two other buyers.The only version I needed to complete my F-18 collection.Also,the only time I had seen it available for sale.The rarest Hornet of them all.
After the auction there were some less than nice comments posted on his forum in regards to my purchase.Along the lines of "a fool and his money","I want to sell to this Ebuyer" etc.I posted a response that included the observation that the Blue Angels routinely went for $600+,and is nowhere near as rare as this version.
Not one week later,and a BA sells for $800.If you want one of these versions,it is unfortunately going to be very expensive.
The post that I am refering to was "This Ebuyer makes far more money than I do"

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Man...that is so much money! I'm sorry I didnt understand your original post. I'm glad you got what you wanted and are happy with it, it was very uncool for the seller to talk trash afterwards.

snake

Post by snake » Mon May 18, 2009 2:58 pm

It wasn't the seller.It was some members of this forum.I did however receive some pm's supporting me.
My point is that these are very expensive to aquire now.Even the F-16's are going for $400+,with several Buy it Now for $600.I wouldn't pay $400 for one,as I have four already.But if you want to get your first one,or another one,it could cost you some big bucks.
The prices have really increased over the last six months.You can still get a deal if you are patient,and search a lot.
The BA and RAAF F-18's are going to cost you some serious money though.
Supply and demand

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Tue May 19, 2009 7:56 am

There are people with extra money and those without for whatever reasons. Some of the collecters here constantly cry about the prices of new stuff and ebay items, others don't...

There will always be someone out there with more money and larger collection that makes other people envious. Somebody is buying those Czech 1/18 masterpieces for 10K

If you have extra money and really want it, go for it regardless of price.

I have a $600 1/12 scale Diecast Corvette from GMP. Did I need it? No.

Take the new "promised F14" already there is moaning and groaning about a estimated price of $200. For something NEW and HUGE in size and a super cool modern jet, thats a bargain!

An high end Exoto or CMC diecast 1/18 car is almost $300.

I have a Boxed BBi F-18 Jolly Rogers, MTS has these going for $500. Should I sell mine for $90? No of course not I will wait some more.

DH

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 am

It's all in what you value and are willing to pay, isn't it. I used to get negative comments from some of my in-laws for "wasting" my money on XD (and this was back when it was relatively inexpensive, at WalMart).

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:45 am

snake wrote: "This Ebuyer makes far more money than I do"
Don't worry Snake, reminds me of the old Seinfeld quote; Maybe if you had worked a bit harder... :D

There is a bit to much of this "class warfare" going on in this country right now.

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Tue May 19, 2009 9:59 am

Man, people are gonna talk and respond to stuff no matter how rare something is or no matter how great a deal it is. It's human nature to talk about it ... it IS big news to most of us to see spending that much money on an item.

So I wouldn't get my pants all bunched up over it, just grow some thicker skin or wear longer sleeves and have a cool one. :wink: You should see my closet full of 1/16th R/C tanks and rare kits which I haven't built yet but I bet yours will just stay in a box FOREVER!!! :P