JSI also set to produce 1:18 F-15 Eagle and SU-27 Flanker?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: NEXT STEP / THE DASSAULT RAFALE + EUROFIGHTER + F 22 !

Post by Birddog » Wed May 13, 2009 7:59 am

supersonicfifi wrote:NEXT STEP / THE DASSAULT RAFALE + EUROFIGHTER + F 22 ! 8)
No....A-10 WARTHOG..from someone.... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

sorry you are right !

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed May 13, 2009 8:17 am

:oops: sorry you are right !!!! the A 10 will be huge seller !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So firts the WARTHOG and then the RAFALE .....

:lol: Sorry of being so .... FRENCH !

Philippe your French friend ! :roll:
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

Birddog

Re: sorry you are right !

Post by Birddog » Wed May 13, 2009 8:23 am

supersonicfifi wrote::oops: sorry you are right !!!! the A 10 will be huge seller !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So firts the WARTHOG and then the RAFALE .....

:lol: Sorry of being so .... FRENCH !

Philippe your French friend ! :roll:
You don't have to apologize... :D

I wouldn't mind having a Rafale or Eurofighter too, but not before an A-10... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

birddog

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed May 13, 2009 8:46 am

Hey Birddog : il like your avatar's picture ! with mine evrything is said !

TO ALL : Considering this fantastic offer of new jets do you know where to buy from BBI their fantastic pilots ?

I think the F18 pilot will be great in the TOMCAT x 2 + the F 16 pilot will be great in the F 15 x 2 also !

Now for the Russian / Chinese Flanker it's another matter !

Maybe we can order in Group from this Forum to have a production of several bunch of pilots !!!!

PS : i wanted to order some F 104 pilots in case the phantom was produced !

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 am

Its funny if JSI produced a USAF F-15 I was going to paint it in an Israeli Scheme. I honestly don't think that will be the first released, but I'll take it if it is. Israel has an excellent record with their fighters. Also I want a F-15E as well. Love trash haulers, and maybe Birdog is right it will get someone in time to make a A-10.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:20 am

SUPERSONICFIFI:

I asked the same question before and never got an answer---I don't think the JSI jets come with pilots. Badcat implied they will be optional (like wih some Dragon and Hobby Master planes).
I'm not aware of BBI or 21st Century selling modern jets pilots that can be purchased separately. BBI only sells separate helicopters pilots that I'm aware of.
Since their jets are $200 each, JSI should make the pilots as standard equipment, not optional.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed May 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Absolutely agreed.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:43 pm

Maybe admiral toys could make the pilots for JSI....
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Wed May 13, 2009 1:09 pm

i do not care i by booth...

it is even on the market is great....

i love the paint job...

hay... we can complain and the it might just die out...

i rather have one then none my two cent...

i know most of you guy too...

at this point in the market we are thankful to even have a great chose like this...
whats up doc....

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:54 pm

IDF will be an awesome scheme, I'm sure USAF will come too. 2 seat J-11, no problem. Something is better than nothing and it's still a sweet looking plane regardless of crew compliment. May not be popular on the forum but I'll guarantee they won't have a problem selling them.. :wink: A big modern jet, yeah no sweat.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:10 pm

The big problem is how many people know what a J-11 is in the first place? and most people will draw conclusion that a foreign two seater is most likely a trainer. sure It sounds good that we will take whatever we can get our fat grubby digits on but is it really in Jsi best interest to make this? I suspect that the F-14 will be the big seller next to an F-15 and unless the they make the SU 27 flanker with Russian markings and a version available as a single seat this bird will suffer slow sells...especially at 200 bucks a pop....now if they sold them for far less than it will be not a big problem BUT, with a high price tag you need to make it very attractive to the buyer. heck many will just simply hold out for version with russian insignia on it or for a single seat version.

I my self want two flankers a single seat and twin seat both with russian insignia it. to me the single seat is simply a bad ass plane to look at. its lines are a lot different then the twin seat version.

JMHO

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:14 pm

vmf214 wrote:IDF will be an awesome scheme, I'm sure USAF will come too. 2 seat J-11, no problem. Something is better than nothing and it's still a sweet looking plane regardless of crew compliment. May not be popular on the forum but I'll guarantee they won't have a problem selling them.. :wink: A big modern jet, yeah no sweat.
I agree it will be cool but how many will wait till Jsi release the USAF version to pick one up..these are not selling at WM prices.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed May 13, 2009 4:16 pm

the two seat J11 is a trainer. The single seat J11 is the combat version. I assume it's just a cockpit plug that will change the JSI two seat flanker to a single seat flanker. Hopefully saner heads will prevail in the JSI boardroom and they'll lose the 2 seat plug.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed May 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Yeah I kinda figured they weren't wm prices.

Gotta pay to play now.

I seriously doubt any modern huge jet will be a total dead seller. Most folks that are into this stuff know a Sukhoi airframe when they see it regardless if it's Russian made or the Chinese J-series clone. I can't assume everyone outside of a forum are ignorant and not "in the know".. I think the IDF F-15 will do just fine as well, hell the fact it's a 1/18 F-15 is enough for most to buy it. Seriously though, I wouldn't be abit surprised if the F-15 initial release doesn't get switched to a USAF version for its debut. Pure speculation at this point anyway. Irregardless I'll own one whatever scheme they choose.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed May 13, 2009 7:26 pm

dragon53 wrote:SUPERSONICFIFI:

I asked the same question before and never got an answer---I don't think the JSI jets come with pilots. Badcat implied they will be optional (like wih some Dragon and Hobby Master planes).
I'm not aware of BBI or 21st Century selling modern jets pilots that can be purchased separately. BBI only sells separate helicopters pilots that I'm aware of.
Since their jets are $200 each, JSI should make the pilots as standard equipment, not optional.
I'm confident manufacturing figures is a totally different process than vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised if 21st had different companies for each - if so that would explain why JSI is not advertising pilots with their models, and the loss of the ground figures 21st had advertised for Lucybelle. To me pilot figures are essential; but for some, they don't even display figures in the cockpit.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Greetings:

I like the idea of an IDF F-15. TKO must be loving that to go with his IDF F-16. Would be a nice compliment to each other. I would buy the Israeli F-15, don't know about the Flanker

Although if it were a Flanker in the Russian Knights colors, I'd preorder that in a second. I hope JSI does a Knights Flanker. The bright and attractive color scheme may just sell very well.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:08 pm

A Knights Flanker would look cool next to the thunder-bird and the blue angels!

Island Raider
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Island Raider » Wed May 13, 2009 8:15 pm

I'm 120% in for the F-14 and 90% on the F-15 since I focus on US fighters. I however have no intentions of getting a Flanker unless a good Monkey Depot type sale occurs.

I know a good number will disagree with me but I do not feel foreign aircraft sell well in the US. There were times I would walk into Walmart or TRU and all I would see was German aircraft, all the American planes were sold out. Just look at 21st Century's 4 for Victory program, had to buy four 109s to get a special plane. Never saw a similar promotion for US planes.

I understand that there are the core collectors that will buy everything produced, and another set that likes just the foreign planes, but in order to get the casual collector/buyer you have to focus on items they know which in this case is US based planes. A perfect example of this is easy to see in the Star Wars aisles. Luke and Vader sell fast, unknown imperials and 6 breasted dancers just clog the pegs.

I hope this new company will do well and I expect they will with the F-14/15, but I don't know about the SU-27.

Mike

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 am

i really like what they are offering... the bright color stuff doesn't sell to well....

i love the two seat
whats up doc....

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

2 seater

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu May 14, 2009 1:33 am

I really like the 2 seater version of airplane (maybe because i can fancy the possibility of a ride ???)

I was looking for some customer like PH to do a 2 seat conversion of the F 18 to make a marine F18D !

So i am happy with the tomcat; F15E and now this SU27

Actually all the modern jets come more and more in 2seats versions for versality and the J11/SU30 MKI is the same : two brain is better than one even in aerial dogfight.

I agree that the KNIGHT version will be a nice complement to my BLUE ANGELS F18 and hopefully my next THUNDERBIRD F16 !!!!

I will buy whatever plane they sent because i am starving for new models like thoses !

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Thu May 14, 2009 3:37 am

It suddenly occurs to me that 1. JSI is a Chinese company, 2. there is a rising tide of nationalistic military pride in China, mirroring a major build-up of military power by the PLA in terms of modern weapon systems and 3. there are at least hundreds of thousands of people in China with the money to buy 1:18 scale products and single sons upon whom to lavish them as gifts.

The comment above about how non-US planes sell poorly in the US made me think of this. I can imagine JSI considering a completely independent marketing effort for PLA material in China. We'll benefit from that, but don't be surprised if we see a whole line of products from them that are premised on China as the primary market.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:01 am

gburch wrote:It suddenly occurs to me that 1. JSI is a Chinese company, 2. there is a rising tide of nationalistic military pride in China, mirroring a major build-up of military power by the PLA in terms of modern weapon systems and 3. there are at least hundreds of thousands of people in China with the money to buy 1:18 scale products and single sons upon whom to lavish them as gifts.

The comment above about how non-US planes sell poorly in the US made me think of this. I can imagine JSI considering a completely independent marketing effort for PLA material in China. We'll benefit from that, but don't be surprised if we see a whole line of products from them that are premised on China as the primary market.
This right here. I use this same argument when talking about what anime properties get made into toys in Japan.

Personally, for the longest time it was the OPPOSITION'S equipment that interests me. I'm still that way. I'm glad to be American, proud of it, but when it comes to visual interest, hand me those SS men, 190's, Tigers, Su-27s, Hinds and Spetznaz.
I Tan I Epi Tas

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri May 15, 2009 3:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naIWWNxF1DQ

i do so want the toy fair to come soon so we have pic is any one here going to take the pic...
whats up doc....

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:28 am

Looking at JSI's schemes for the F-15I and SU-27, I feel they know exactly what they are doing and will keep themselves alive by marketing to the world, not the US. I can certainly live with that as long as the keep pumping out the modern goods.
[url=http://www.fighting118th.com]Fighting118th:[/url] Joe Deserves Better!

MiGMaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MiGMaster » Fri May 15, 2009 9:30 am

New guy here, I think it's worth noting that both the F-15 and Su-27 that JSI is putting out are twin-seater variants. I wonder if that was done on purpose? The IDF F-15 certainly interests me, but I was hoping for a single-seat Russian scheme Flanker, or maybe the prototype Su-37 Terminator in that cool yellow camo [with working thrust vectoring feature].