MORE!! bad news for 21C

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Some more from "Tales of the Cat". Only a happy customer, so please no 'cat bashing for this. Scroll down and you'll find unissued, preassembled, vendor display 21c 1/6 Hughes 500's in several paints. Freight will be horrendous.

http://www.talesofthecat.com/
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

HardenSteel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by HardenSteel » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:08 pm

You guys shouldn't worry. 21 Century will be back
when the economy improves in one form
or another. Plus, there are alot more companies
producing reasonably accurate 1/18 scale
models & kits. If the return on investment
is not there, why not cool it for a while.

This is a serious market niche and not likely to
be ignored for long. In addition, there are probably
quite a few unreleased molds in China waiting
for some avenue to be released. Case in
point - what's BBI going to do?

Keep your 1/18 stuff, it's going up in value and
fun to have around. Remember, this is just
a hobby. (albeit a seriously addictive one!).
Venders will sort themselves out by the market
place. If you charge to much or give poor service,
You'll hear about it here, in one way or another.

This is still the cheapest way to get decent large
scale stuff. Although the way prices are going,
you may not agree anymore.

HD

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:14 am

chunks wrote:Some more from "Tales of the Cat". Only a happy customer, so please no 'cat bashing for this. Scroll down and you'll find unissued, preassembled, vendor display 21c 1/6 Hughes 500's in several paints. Freight will be horrendous.

http://www.talesofthecat.com/
21C also recently sold a custom 1/6 MH60 Blackhawk on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1

Imagine the shipping cost for this:
Shipping Weight: 220 Lbs. Estimated
Shipping Size: 70 x 44 x 33 (Ships in a palletized Wooden Crate)

There's a thread about it on the OSW forum: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/s ... hp?t=91458

sdcc73
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sdcc73 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:59 am

I heard a while back that another "interested party" may be buying 21st's molds to make his own line. No word yet whether it will be 1/32, 1/18 or both. If this still is the plan there may be hope yet, but if not, get em while you still can![/quote]

Any speculation on who the "interested party" may be buying 21st's molds?

ltcbj
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ltcbj » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:07 am

My question about the 1.48 and 1.144 still stands.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:27 am

No kiddin' about "getting em while you can". Picked up a 1/32 FW-190A today. Been putting that one off for a year now. :?

Would have loved to have seen the 1/32 Spit Vb with the Polish Squadron markings come out. Have several books with that very aircraft on the cover. Now to go on the hunt for Spit. I in 1:18. If y'all got an extra one in 1:18, let me know :wink:

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:02 am

ltcbj wrote:My question about the 1.48 and 1.144 still stands.
Anything made by 21st is gone, including the 1/48 and micro stuff.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

sdcc73
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sdcc73 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:41 am

Jay wrote:If this is actually the "end" for 21st. Maybe the owners of 21st will try and recoup their cash by selling the moulds to another company. If they get liquidated, they'll want to get every little bit of money they can. It's ironic that 21st needs cash, while badcat can sell old 21st planes for a crap load (if they are actually selling). Maybe they could do a "all proceeds will go towards financially restructuring the 21st company" sale :roll: .

On another note, and this is towards Jason from admiral toys. "It's your time to shine!"

Agreed. I'm responding to all this doom and gloom - by way of action - herein my humble little act supporting the new 1:18 product; the aptly named Dauntless. I'm putting my money where my mouth is, hoping 1:18 as a whole; stays alive. Hopefully all of you concerned enough to have just contributed to an admirable 2,000 views on this thread alone, will follow suit with some action. My gosh, just these folks who just clocked 2,000 views can contribute to AT's sell-out of the Dauntless and thus give us the Skyraider shortly thereafter. So even small efforts can snowball, even when things go downhill. An avalanche of our support and sudden show of sales; can send a clear message - we're not leaving 1:18 anytime soon. Such compelling support and sales can more quickly get us new product; e.g the Skyraider, the Phantom from either which company, etc. So let's all do what we can by way of action. Whether its 21st Century or Admiral Toys; the latter of who may likely carry the torch determined to keep 1:18 alive.

Dauntless - adjective; showing fearlessness and determination.

http://www.militarytoyshop.com/prodtype ... istory=cat
Last edited by sdcc73 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:57 am

Every ecologic niche gets filled. When one species goes extinct if it leaves an empty space then that space is filled.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:38 am

We may have had 2K views on this thread, but not everybody is a plane guy, and more than a few plane guys will wait to see the product reviewed by guys we know and trust. We, in this hobby, have been burned before, where our good money has gone for a new and inferior product, not up to our standards or expectations.

I am not a plane guy but I was on a pre-order list for two years for the Dauntless, having paid in full. I finally gave up and would like a Dauntless to add to my very small "air" fleet but after all this time, I want to see a "knock your socks off" plane or I'll pass, regardless of the consequences to the 1/18 hobby. "The sky is falling" doesn't work with me.. 8)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:50 am

well with BBI's 1/18 109, I know they can top 21st in build quality and their 1/32 PTO planes are excellent. if we got some ETO, MTO and some Ostfront stuff I would be very pleased.

Right now I am just waiting to see what the 1/35 Junkers 52 from Masterbox will look like, it's a kit, but it's a much needed plane in the 35/32 range...also a glider or two for the germans would be nice.

I just saw a BV glider in 1/32 this weekend, and though it was the armed fighter verison I was impressed.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:44 am

Is it just me or is everyone forgetting about Admiral Toys? I mean come on, they will be releasing the Dauntles sooner or later. Follow that up with a Skyraider which will be truly awesome, and now they just announced they will be making WWI planes as well. I don't know about you guys but I think between Admiral and BBI we have plenty to look forward to. Don't get me wrong, I hope 21st figures out a way to stay in the game but if they don't someone else will step up and take the reigns.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:10 am

3xT:

Did you get your $ back? Two years is a very long time to wait. You must have the patience of Job or the habits of Rip Van Winkle.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:07 pm

I didn't forget Admiral but since they haven't made any armor pieces I only referenced BBI and FOV who have made both armor and planes. I can only hope that Admiral will also join BBI and FOV and make a 1/18th armor piece someday.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:17 pm

immeww2 wrote:I didn't forget Admiral but since they haven't made any armor pieces I only referenced BBI and FOV who have made both armor and planes. I can only hope that Admiral will also join BBI and FOV and make a 1/18th armor piece someday.
Okay. I'm confused. Admiral has put out a fair number 1/72 armor pieces, all (80%+/-) metal and quite nice- PzIII-H, -L & -M.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Ultimate payback to 21st for the f-4/B-25 fiasco. Would be for them to buy there molds at fire sale prices and start turning out old 21st products :lol: :wink:
Could not think of anything to put here.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:42 pm

kimtheredxd wrote:Ultimate payback to 21st for the f-4/B-25 fiasco. Would be for them to buy there molds at fire sale prices and start turning out old 21st products :lol: :wink:
:?: :?: :?: :? :?

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:17 pm

I think he is referring to Admiral Toys though I dont think the B25 ever got out of the boxart phase
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Sorry yes I did mean Admiral toys.
Could not think of anything to put here.

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:38 pm

If indeed they are gone, and I sincerely hope they are not, then I for one will miss them. While I now collect a lot of scales from numerous companies, 21C basically got me into collecting military items. The lesser expensive alternatives always struck me as too "toy" like, while the more expensive companies were , for me, well... usually too expensive. 21C was perfect for my niche. I looked forward to their new items and could afford to pick up what I really wanted while enjoying the pleasure of finding additional stuff reduced from time to time. They brought out a large variety and I was always happy with their stuff. My principal regret is that they were not around long enough to produce for me either a 1/32 scale Bren Carrier, or a 1/32 scale P-38. Sigh... maybe we are all wrong and they will rebound. I hope so.
Geoff

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:44 pm

I for one hope that they are not gone. Have we heard anything from the company itself?

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:52 pm

kimtheredxd wrote:Ultimate payback to 21st for the f-4/B-25 fiasco. Would be for them to buy there molds at fire sale prices and start turning out old 21st products :lol: :wink:
who knows - they may have invested and lost a lot of money in the B-25/F4 fiasco
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:14 pm

They may have had to recall every outstanding product due to the new lead law.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:59 pm

The new KT not being released because it can't carry lead......now that's ironic! :lol:
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:51 am

And I had planned on getting one for my granddaughter to teethe on.