MORE!! bad news for 21C

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
olifant
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by olifant » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Wow. I will miss 21C. And I will still buy from BCA. And I don't think they do anything wrong or have caused any manufacturers demise.

Where do you guys get this crap?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:13 pm

If this is actually the "end" for 21st. Maybe the owners of 21st will try and recoup their cash by selling the moulds to another company. If they get liquidated, they'll want to get every little bit of money they can. It's ironic that 21st needs cash, while badcat can sell old 21st planes for a crap load (if they are actually selling). Maybe they could do a "all proceeds will go towards financially restructuring the 21st company" sale :roll: .

On another note, and this is towards Jason from admiral toys. "It's your time to shine!"
Last edited by Jay on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Jay wrote:If this is actually the "end" for 21st. Maybe the owners of 21st will try and recoup their cash by selling the moulds to another company. If they get liquidated, they'll want to get every little bit of money they can. It's ironic that 21st needs cash, while badcat can sell old 21st planes for a crap load (if they are actually selling). Maybe they could do a "all proceeds will go towards financially restructuring the 21st company" sale :roll: .

On another note, and this is towards Jason from admiral toys. "It's your time to shine!"
I heard a while back that another "interested party" may be buying 21st's molds to make his own line. No word yet whether it will be 1/32, 1/18 or both. If this still is the plan there may be hope yet, but if not, get em while you still can!
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Wonder what happened to the KT? We heard that the KT was ready, then we heard the KT was "on the water"........ so what happened to it.

I can see a ship load of KT's ending up at "Tuesday Morning" or some such outlet.

TTT
Somehow, I doubt the KT ever made it on the water (and likely ever into the mold, if one was ever made). If it had, it may have been what 21st needed to stay afloat for at least a while longer, as I am sure it would have sold quite well (as long as they didn't try pricing it at $200 a pop).

Now, I wonder if some of those websites out there might finally cancel their preorders for the F4, Mig-21, and B-25? Or are they still slated for a late 2009 releases? :roll:
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:24 pm

I agree with hworth18. I don't think BadCat's pricing or marketing/advertising has anything to do with the demise of 21st. In fact I think excellent online retailers have had more to do with helping keeped 21st propped up. BCA has all the great tools in hand for marketing/advertising to sell product: the most exciting website for anyone in out hobby, lots of email and snail mail promos, and their "private reserve". They stay in your face, which keeps them in your mind all the time. Even though you initially may not want to buy anything from them at that time, instead looking for a deal elsewhere. BUT, when you don't find that deal and eventually see that BCA has what you want, and you know their customer service is excellent and free shipping deals, you end up buying from them. As for new collectors who learn of or stumble across BadCat think their retail place must be the mecca for this hobby. Am I right? As for Private Reserve, new collectors may get hooked and think these plastic and metal planes/tanks/jeeps really may turn out to be collector's pieces after all. I think their concept of Private Reserve is great for them and helps to bring an air about this hobby, however, I see their only flaw is that they are way too quick to bring certain planes into this "special" sales category. They're selling F-86 Huffs for $70 or more when I landed two of them on ebay for $30 each and I was bidding against others! This was in the past two weeks. One day Sabres will be more rare since 21st will go under but not in this quarter and maybe not until late this year or in 2010. If anything it spurns viewers of this category to go on ebay and see if they can land a "rare" plane for less than what BCA is selling. Most of them will be lucky....for now. When these special planes actually start selling for more on ebay, then their private reserve, if prices remain a constant for BCA, will start to look reasonably price wise. Also, remember most of these planes and other things in private reserve are consignment items. In other words BCA is trying to bypass ebay to get big money on these things by not having to pay their fees and paypal fees. Smart if you ask me. Honestly, if I owned an online retail store in this hobby I would be pumping the consignment sales thing to the max. The sellers make more cash than what they paid for the item and have more money to buy other collectable planes/tanks, etc. This helps the economy of our hobby.

Just my $.02

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Now MD has the 262 Nightfighter at buy 3 get one free!!!!!! :shock:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:47 pm

Buckyroo wrote:Now MD has the 262 Nightfighter at buy 3 get one free!!!!!! :shock:
OK, that's just crazy! I paid nearly $80 for mine a little over a year ago (from Badcat :wink: ) and now they are going for dirt-cheap. Now that I'm aparently into hoarding XD, methinks I should get another just to keep around 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Too bad 21st didn't decide to somehow sell direct to the public from their website.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:49 am

Somehow, I doubt the KT ever made it on the water (and likely ever into the mold, if one was ever made).
I agree. I'm afraid anyone who is waiting for a KT from 21st is going to be waiting a long time.... like forever.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:08 am

ostketten wrote:I agree. I'm afraid anyone who is waiting for a KT from 21st is going to be waiting a long time.... like forever.
The King Tigers were on the water along with the 1:18 B-25's but sadly they were hijacked by Somalian pirates. :cry:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:50 am

Rowsdower wrote:The King Tigers were on the water along with the 1:18 B-25's but sadly they were hijacked by Somalian pirates. :cry:
...and now they are being sold for cents on the dollar in places like China, Iran, and North Korea :P
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:52 am

I still have hope for a 1/18 KT popping up somewhere, from someplace.

If it never shows up, it's around in 1/16..... :roll:

My beloved B-25 was always a pipe dream, in 1/18 it's just too big for the majority of model buyers like us. The Avenger is big but has wings that fold. A B-25, Me-110 or Mosquito were just daydreams.... big daydreams, but I never thought they had a chance in 1/18. In 1/32 they would be big in itself. :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:27 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:
Rowsdower wrote:The King Tigers were on the water along with the 1:18 B-25's but sadly they were hijacked by Somalian pirates. :cry:
...and now they are being sold for cents on the dollar in places like China, Iran, and North Korea :P
I heard the container was washed overboard and now at the bottom of the Pacific.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Probably in the Marianas. :?

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:57 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:...and now they are being sold for cents on the dollar in places like China, Iran, and North Korea :P
:lol: :lol: Crazy Kim has 10 of each.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:48 pm

ARG PROFANITY!!!!!!!
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:59 pm

I am crazy but Dont have ten of em :roll:
Could not think of anything to put here.

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Maybe I'm nuts :P but I'm not convinced 21st Century is dead. I admit it doesn't look good but they've been on the ropes before in the last 8 or 9 years and have always come back.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Perhaps congress will pass a law capping what people can charge for new and used toys.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:44 pm

If 21st is indeed stopping all production in 1/18th items, I'm hoping that when they do start their comeback they'll use the KT as their opening intro.

Sentinel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sentinel » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:46 pm

I guess there's always hope.

Personally speaking, 21st Century provided me with some of the biggest and continuing "WOW" factors of any hobby I've ever had.

Simply heading down the isle in TRU towards their section was a rush. Then seeing some of those HUGE boxes (which weren't there just a few days ago) and finally experiencing their newest offering through those big, box windows is something I just can't forget.

Now days, when there's even a whisper of a new plane from anyone, I believe most of us can visualize it far enough to take some of that feeling away.

This new news about 21st Century has me a bit depressed over never getting that extra Spitfire in 1/18 . . . plus some "lesser" models.

:(

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:34 am

Is this
a) an official demise of 21st C Toys

and

2) Does this include "Classic Armor" in 1/48 and 1/144 scales?
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:06 am

That is unfortunate for 21st Century...
Personally, I feel their best plane overall was the Fw-190A/F.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future holds for our hobby.
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:39 pm

Well folks, it was good while it lasted. Now we have some really cool planes, vehicles and figures to enjoy for the rest of our lives that weren't there in 1999. I'm personally very thankful at what we got!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:45 pm

I just want the B-25, F-4 and Mig-21 in 1/18th :cry: :cry:

I think I am going to cry myself to sleep tonight........ :cry:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!