21c at weekend of Heroes next weekend

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:58 am

p51 wrote:I would LOVE a Red Devil's F-18! They are based out of MCAS Miramar, and used to be one of the MCAS El Toro squadrons (I live very near to MCAS El Toro). I would definatly buy one of those the second they are released!
Hey P51, where do you live?
I use to live in San Juan Capistrano, but now live in La Palma.
I miss the EL TORO AIR BASE show. One of the best. Now that place just sits there rotting away.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

paras

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:16 am

Well, it looks like they will be suspended from the ceiling of the man cave ready to take over my own little St. Mere Igles. I wish they had stuck with the original plan because there was more playability. But, I am happy this way too. It saves me from having to make my own chutes for my squad of Rupperts----and that wouldn't be pretty.
Aaron

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:28 am

Hey P51, where do you live?
I'm in Tustin, not far from where newport ave. meets Irvine Blvd.

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:12 am

If the Avenger is not going to sell through Wal-Mart, then let's hope it does good through the other outlets it is sold at. If it does well it may open the door for 21st to produce aircraft that won't fit in that standard box or price range. It could lead to better things.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:20 am

It may also happen like the Graf 109.. Smaller retailers get the first shot, sell all they can, with the excess stock showing up at Walmart sometime down the road???
I guess we will just have to grab unto our buttcheeks and hold on to see what Comicon brings..... :oops: :roll: :wink: :? :shock:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: WOH

Post by BELTxFED » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:02 pm

[
Boy, the show looked like a real bust. Oh well....... I have faith....

-Ski[/quote]

When compared with DiD's co-sponsorship of WoH, 21C's presence sucked big time. Here's what DiD set up:
1. About 6 quality dioramas
displaying their 1/6 lines.
2. Plenty of new releases in great supply & competatively priced all over the show.
4. 2 different WoH exclusive sets plus the Modler's loft exclusive 42nd Highlander.
5. Quality display racks & cases.

21C, OTH, set up old stuff out without even bothering to put table cloths down. The airplane posters were great & I'm glad to have them really. But, the folks at DiD really sent the message that they were serious about the 1/6 market & they wanted our business. 21C & Badcat kinda ho-hummed it. I expected 21C to try to do something splashy & Badcat to bring plenty of their popular XD exclusives &put on some decent sales. BC came across as a start up mom & pop shop that couldn't afford to sell their preciously small stock at a sale price.