Quad .50 cal ?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Quad .50 cal ?

Post by Fritzkrieg » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:35 pm

I received my half-tracks from MD, and I can not for the life of me, figure out how to put a figure into the Quad .50. I also noticed, the Quad was removable from the catalog pics. I can't figure out how to take it out either. Can somebody please help me out here.

Thanks,
Rob

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:48 pm

I think you turn the turrent 45 degrees till it faces either side and lift up; with the figure, you pull the torso off and he fits just fine....
Last edited by mikeg on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:49 pm

If you twist the quad .50 around, there are 2 indentations below the quad.
It's like a child proof top. If you get the quad in the right spot and lift, it will pull off the base.

I have not tried to put a figure in mine.
Anyone try that?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:51 pm

You will need:

1 Bucket of Lard
2 Rubber Mallet
3 You get the picture... :twisted:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:00 pm

olifant wrote:You will need:

1 Bucket of Lard
2 Rubber Mallet
3 You get the picture... :twisted:
Smear peanut butter on it.
Best,
-Paul

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:41 pm

no wait. Doesn't the entire floor pull out? If you open the back door you can see an empty space below the quads "floor." Like you could remove the entire plate and convert the half track to an infantry carrier. The picture shows the base removed. Is that not the case?

On top of that i'm enjoying the forces of valor version much more. Figures fit better, the turret has no trouble moving around. The 21st century one just has miniature details that usually just break off anyway. Sigh. The world is never perfect.
Best,
-Paul

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:34 pm

Rotate the turret 90 degrees from front and it'll just lift right out. As for installing a figure? You'll either need to turn your gunner into a quadruple amputee, or use the jeep driver from the original 21C release.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:44 pm

I've been able to fit a Battle of the Bulge series tanker figure into the turret, I just had to remove the lower part of the legs. You can also fit the newer D-Day series tanker figure into the turret as well, just again by removing the legs and squeezing it really tight. Softening the plastic on the figure in hot water before putting it in the turret may help the process.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:18 pm

thats what i do, just pop off there thighs :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Image :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HE FITS NOW :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:22 am

FYI........ during WW2 and after, when different models of the White halftracks then in use, were converted to M-16's with quad mounts, a flat floor was simply laid over the "foot well" on the personnel carrier halftrack models.

So the fact that the 21C does actually have two floors is accurate for the "real life" halftracks.

Later M-16's were made "from the ground up" and the double floors were done away with.

Quad .50 gunners were on the small size, like B-17 belly gunners. Some years ago I tried to "try one on", but at over 6' and "hefty", it was impossible and I gave up embarrassing myself. Even driving a halftrasck was very uncomfortable for a 6 footer. Seat adjustments were just not enough and steering wheel was not adjustable. So I drove with the steering wheel on my stomach and my knees in the air. Fun though.... :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.