Post Monkey Depot Deals Here

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:24 am

pcsguy88 wrote:All of this same stuff is up at Target.com now. They only had 2 1/18th planes a week or 2 ago. Maybe 21st is betting it all on one last surge. Raise enough for the king tiger or go down in one big bang. I sure hope they make it because I am now a convert from armor to aircraft.
I only see 3 planes?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:43 am

hworth18 wrote:
pcsguy88 wrote:All of this same stuff is up at Target.com now. They only had 2 1/18th planes a week or 2 ago. Maybe 21st is betting it all on one last surge. Raise enough for the king tiger or go down in one big bang. I sure hope they make it because I am now a convert from armor to aircraft.
I only see 3 planes?
Go to their site, in the search field type in 21st Century.
The Patton tanks, the PAK-40s and figures are showing up there.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 am

There are a handful of 88's, nightfighters and Humvees up at the Monkey.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:31 am

I wonder if those 200 or so tigers are going to pop up somewhere else now?

They're definitely re-distributing some of this stuff. Weren't there about 500 or so of the mustang the other day and now they have 30 or so? I'd be stunned if they sold that many!!! :shock:
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:54 am

CENT-ONE wrote:I wonder if those 200 or so tigers are going to pop up somewhere else now?

They're definitely re-distributing some of this stuff. Weren't there about 500 or so of the mustang the other day and now they have 30 or so? I'd be stunned if they sold that many!!! :shock:
Did you get the email from Bad Cats?
He had some Pak-40s and Humvee M1025 at 1/2 price for President's Day, but STILL higher priced than MD even when he discounted them half off. :evil:

Cent-one,
I agree. There is something going on here we are not being told. Other members have spotted this same kind of product popping up at different sources not: Target.com, Bad Cats, Monkey Depot and another online dealer that in another thread.

Grilledcheese,
Thanks for the heads up on the Humvee. My 5 year old boy has been wanting his "own" jeep for awhile. He will be getting this Humvee (minus the figures-of course!) I will stick some PTE figs in there and he will love it!

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:02 am

8 of the 262's are up and 8 of the 88s. They will be gone fast.

someone please PM me if the Panthers come up again.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:24 am

Did you get the email from Bad Cats?
I got that e-mail this morning, too.
All I could do was shake my head and remind myself that not everybody buying these models knows about Monkey Depot, or their blowout.

We few, we happy few, we band of SSHQ brothers... :D

(my apologies to Willie Shakespeare)

Jeffrey

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:38 am

I have a ME262 Nightfighter coming in from Monkey Depot this Thursday. Great price on a great model. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 pm

yeah, I gave up on BCA a while back when their prices went into the realm of insanity. That said, they obviously have a market for this stuff at their prices and there's no crime in selling to those with deeper pockets than mine. They're running a business and if they can sell for that kinda money then more power to them. It pays to take the time to become an informed consumer... They're not going to get my business but then I'm obviously not their target market. I know that my money will go to the retailers that have always sold at reasonable retail prices and haven't gouged on prices.

I do think that this MD (cough/21st/cough) clearance has to be a bitter pill for all the retailers that paid 21st full wholesale price and are now getting the shaft on trying to sell at normal retail just to make a buck while MD and others blow this stuff out at sub-wholesale cost.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:08 pm

CENT-ONE wrote:yeah, I gave up on BCA a while back when their prices went into the realm of insanity. That said, they obviously have a market for this stuff at their prices and there's no crime in selling to those with deeper pockets than mine. They're running a business and if they can sell for that kinda money then more power to them. It pays to take the time to become an informed consumer... They're not going to get my business but then I'm obviously not their target market. I know that my money will go to the retailers that have always sold at reasonable retail prices and haven't gouged on prices.

I do think that this MD (cough/21st/cough) clearance has to be a bitter pill for all the retailers that paid 21st full wholesale price and are now getting the shaft on trying to sell at normal retail just to make a buck while MD and others blow this stuff out at sub-wholesale cost.
I couldn’t agree with you more on just about every point you made. Well said. I would like to ad though that it’s more than likely the last of the big XD pushes that will be going around. Production is down if not completely out so some of these items may never be seen again. I have a feeling that any retailers that have 21c in stock will just have to weather this little MD storm for now. Afterwards the prices may jump way up if product disappears.

Gusthebus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gusthebus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:33 pm

How can you tell how many items Monkey Depot has in stock?

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:01 pm

in the quantity box type in something high like 999 and then hit add to cart. On the next page it'll adjust down to what's available, and make sure to clear your cart.
I Tan I Epi Tas

Gusthebus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gusthebus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Thanks!

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Ta-152 wrote:in the quantity box type in something high like 999 and then hit add to cart. On the next page it'll adjust down to what's available, and make sure to clear your cart.
I wish you guys would knock off doing that, more then once I've tried to order only to get an "out of stock" notice and then find out they still have those items in stock later and sometimes at a higher price. Not to mention I've got a higher shipping fee because I have a separate order for things I could have had shipped together. Its really inconsiderate if you think about it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Gusthebus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gusthebus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:20 pm

It seems to me that this is a pretty wide spread practice since everyone knows how much of each item is left in stock. Plus you are not the only one shopping, it affects us all equally. When I tried this method I had the item in my basket for all of 5 seconds. Since we can’t stop people from checking the quantity, the real issue is just being considerate to fellow collectors and delete your basket as soon as possible.

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 pm

to the best of my knowledge the stock is not removed from availability until the checkout with your cart is complete so I don't think it would be having any effect on items status/availability. anyone know if that's how it works?
Good Trader List

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:16 pm

I was thinking the same thing. That would be an extremely detrimental way to structure an online commerce website, especially since many individuals are oftentimes accessing a webstore at the same time.
As always, of course, I could be wrong...

Jeffrey

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Camo Pak 40 is up, about fifty of them.

Jeffrey

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:37 am

I do not believe your cart secures the item. I put a plane in mine, then went to buy more and when I went to check out, the plane was sold out.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:42 am

The cart does not secure the item. I know this is true. I bought one of the last night fighters they had a while back and it did not go away until it was paid for. After i paid for it it no longer showed on their site. Prior and during it was still there.

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks to the MD sale and a recent trading splurge, I am full. Everything but the Abrams, Bradley, Bulldog, Daisy June and 1 of the lil'Birds is new. I have no clue where the 262 NF will go when it arrives. I plan on turning the window shelf into a helicopter base diorama.

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 am

88's and humvee's are back in stock
Good Trader List

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:36 am

Supid me, I thought I was through with Monkey Madness, then they go and put the Walker Bulldog back up and I needed the Afrika Corp guys for an 88 crew.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:41 am

They put up Walker Bull Dogs.
I Tan I Epi Tas

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:48 am

Looks like the Bulldogs are gone already - must of had very few...

88 is up to 39.99