21C WALMART UPDATE...POST FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Grafs in Tulsa..

Post by hworth18 » Tue May 24, 2005 6:08 pm

The S1 109G showed up in Tulsa.. I really wanted to pick one up, but I am holding out for the S2 or S3 version.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue May 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Had a chance to scout the WM in Geneseo NY today:

Lots of 1:32 planes (ME-109, Mustang, ME-262, War Hawk) plus the usual 1:32 Viet Nam era M113s. Also several of the 1/6 r/c Humvees and a couple of 1/6 r/c Stuarts. Finally, several 1:18 Cobras and Hueys rotting on some high shelves. Nothing at discount or clearance.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re>recon

Post by holensock » Sun May 29, 2005 5:43 pm

3 Walfarts in the Cleveland area had screaming kids, clutter everywhere, 3 cashiers and....NOTHING as far as XD figures go! Nothing on the end caps, nothing in the action figure aisle, SQUAT!
Even went to a new SuperWaltart about an hour from where I live and they had a sparkling new store with more cashiers...still screaming kids...and yes...NO XD!!! Only thing they had, on clearance yet, from a store that hasn't been opened a month, 21C Kubelwagon, for $38! WOW!
And to think, not too long ago, one of the tv newsmagazines did a story about Wallymarts GREAT distribution program!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun May 29, 2005 5:44 pm

What great distribution program??? It has never truly existed!

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by OnWu » Sun May 29, 2005 5:57 pm

T wrote:
What great distribution program??? It has never truly existed!
WM has a great distribution network that works perfectly for toilet paper and tampons. But this same network is not a good match for XD.

But what the heck, they DO take foodstamps! Try that at SBP!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re>wasted time recons at WM

Post by holensock » Sun May 29, 2005 7:23 pm

Here in the Cleveland, Ohio area at WM's, I could NEVER find any 40th Anniversary Joes for the entire time these sets were released!! And that's 5 of 'em! NOT ONE! BUT, in some areas of the country, WM's were 'clearancing' the 40's. Then Hasbro goes and cancels these sets for lack of sales..???????????????????????
When I read here that WM's were going to carry the XD 1/18 figures...I thought....maybe, just maybe....but, NOOOOOO....and when you ask someone in their toy department...AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!!! I get this 'deer in the headlights' look and an 'uhhhh'....then the look again. I might as well just raise the white flag here and give up! NO SOUP FOR ME!!

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sun May 29, 2005 9:51 pm

I learned a while back that if you get the chance to even see it, you better buy it because often times it doesn't come back! I sure hope our area starts to show some figures and armour soon! We just started to see bubbletop p-47's and now just a few days ago the S1 109 G6. I kinda need some more winter BOB figs! At least here they are being stocked on the Toy Isles now.... I used to have to check the seasonal section. You know how it is... want a flotation device for a pool, want a garden hose, need plant food... oh and wait a P-40! Oh those were the days! :D

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sun May 29, 2005 9:58 pm

Pretty much the same old XD 1:18 190's and p-47's. No Armour to speak of. We did get the 1:32 Xtreme wings new asst yesterday. At least it is something, but I wonder about the distribution system that is so streamlined they forgot to stock Spitfires, 109G6's, Panzers, Kubelwagons, Halftracks-must I go on. Bring on the online dealers.
Todd

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun May 29, 2005 10:21 pm

tko211 wrote:I learned a while back that if you get the chance to even see it, you better buy it because often times it doesn't come back! I sure hope our area starts to show some figures and armour soon! We just started to see bubbletop p-47's and now just a few days ago the S1 109 G6. I kinda need some more winter BOB figs! At least here they are being stocked on the Toy Isles now.... I used to have to check the seasonal section. You know how it is... want a flotation device for a pool, want a garden hose, need plant food... oh and wait a P-40! Oh those were the days! :D
You're connected with the company! Why don't you just blackmail the 21c executives - saying you'll spill all their secret projects - and get them to give you all the BoB figures you want :lol:

Anyways, its good to know you're in the same boat as the rest of us, 21c connection or not!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon May 30, 2005 12:29 am

Pittsburgh's still as dry as a popcorn fart.

I've yet to see an XD figure on the pegs at all... No Marines, no BotB... And since the last of the Tigers/Shermans (never saw winter Tigers either) left back some many months ago, there's been no other armor save for the 113 which finally disappeared in all its craptacular glory.

The only thing I have finally seen on a shelf now is a D-Day Spitfire and the German plane it ships with seemingly (I'm not a plane fanatic so the designation escapes me). No figures sucks bigtime though... No tanks/trucks sucks just that much more then. :(
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:38 am

Tman- you make me laugh! It's one thing to say hey can you hook me up with this or one or that. But multiples is kinda pushing it. I do get the occasional hook up. I still check the Walmarts out of habit and just to see whats going on. every so often I still purchase. My last pick up was a Blue 12 FW-190 D9. I saw it and had to have it right then and there. Most of the time I am on a need to know basis and often I know about things only a couple weeks ahead of everyone else. So the blackmail option would only work for one time. After that I think they would be shopping for a new Fan Club Pres.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:11 pm

King Tiger and JagdTiger had both at my local KY WM.
I sent you a private mail on it.
Let me know if you would like me to pick them up for you.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:59 pm

Sounds like all the planes are being released in INDY. Send some of that carma down to Texas!
Todd

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Bellbrook, OH

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:53 pm

The new super store in bellbrook has the new 32xw planes.
Aaron

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:29 am

2 King Tigers and at least 1 Jagdtiger at the WM in Penfield / Webster (Empire Blvd). I was tempted but decided to pass, at least for now....

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:18 am

For all Orange County (SoCal) People!

Right off Beach Blvd at Talbert, the Walmart in Huntington Beach has Bubbletop Eagleston P-47s and a ton of BF-109 G-6 S1s! I also spotted a ton of 32X Cold Steel vehicles on the top shelves and a few 32X Extreme Wings (Me-109 E-4 Desert Camo).

And this is as best of a place to put this... at the Irvine Spectrum in Irvine, there's a store that sells anime toys in the 'city walk' area. They have a truck load of XD aircraft and 32X vehicles! P-47s, Stukas, Corsairs, Me-109s, Hueys etc and a whole assortment of 32X items. And, they are all 10% off! The downside, they have heavily marked up. All XD aircraft are $79.99.

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by corpbob » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:39 pm

Some of the North Alabama WM's actually have the 32x planes now. Only problem is, I'm not collecting them! They are nicely done, I debated for 10 minutes on whether to buy an ME262. Now only if we could get the Jagdtiger, and the 88, and the Mark IV, and any of the newer planes around here....

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:40 pm

WM in Pleasanton, CA had a couple of 1/32 King Tigers and Jagdtigers. :D

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:38 pm

The WM in Katy, TX has 2 109G-6s. These are the first ones I have seen in the Houston area. They also had the 32X King Tiger, Jagdpanther, P-40, Me-109, and Me-262. They also have the R/C Hummer. No XD Panzer IV, halftracks, Bulldogs, or carded figures yet though.

nathanita
Corporal
Corporal

109Gs in Dallas

Post by nathanita » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:30 pm

I finally found the new 109Gs in Dallas. I also found 32X P-40S, P_51s, BF109s, and 262s. No figures, yet. I'm tempted to trade my old 109 (yellow nose) in for the newer model (box switch), as I trying to avoid multiple types and color schemes. Is it a vast improvement over the original?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:49 pm

Comparing the S1 Yellow nose ME-109E with the new BF-109G is almost like comparing apples with oranges in terms of detail!. The BF-109G is one of the most detailed 21c planes to date. I wouldn't get rid of your ME-109E via a box switch. Those two planes, while possessing some outward similarities, were practically different aircraft. The 109G had significant engine and firepower upgrades, not to mention the redesigned fuselage and wings. I also have the yellow nose ME-109E, and was at first not going to get the 109G when they were released last December for reasons very similar to yours. I caved in however and was very pleased with the new purchase!

demetrop
Corporal
Corporal

Post by demetrop » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:13 pm

The ME-109G's that were found in Walmarts, are they the one's with the red noses or are they the newer S2 versions with the black and white spinners?

mikeg

a brief overview of the atlanta 1/18th market

Post by mikeg » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:40 pm

currently a good selection of the new stuff is out- m-41, us halftrack hanomog, and panzer lV, but only at a couple of intown locations. also seen are winter tigers, green m113s, and some bbi shermans at tru. one wm has 9-10 black 109s-none anywhere else (amongst 5 wm locations). another wm has 1 each 1st-3rd series fw109s- they should be given to good homes considering the shape of the boxes, for their own welfare. the galland 109s and kepford corsairs have dwindled to naught. ONE MORE THING- the 1/6th stuarts-all schemes-finally had reasonable sale prices posted at one wm-$40.00... needless to say that one went over well with the wife. i thought women appreciated a good sale price

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:10 pm

Wow! You guys that get the major discounts on the 1:6 stuarts have it made! They sold out in my area pretty quickly, however, one sat around for a few months (I went to school for 10 weeks, came back and it was still there.) I inquired about the price and found it still at $150 :x Ah well, no room for it anyways!