BCA Dinged and Dented

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

BCA Dinged and Dented

Post by popeye357 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Have any of you guys bought from that section yet? I just got the BBI 109 for $50 (not that big a price difference) but it was the plane they used for their website pics. Also got two hellcats $35 each and a Jolley Roger for $25. The 109 is a great plane and there was no damage at all, being that it was used for the pics, I didnt expect any damage. The JR was missing a couple of scews and the ammunition covers from the bottom and thats it! Well the pilot looks like a freak but thats from the factory. The Vraciu Hellcat had a small flap broken (I think I can fix it) but its really not too noticeable to bother me. The cat mouth was missing a cover for the landing gear and the entire portside wing! (anyone have a spare left wing)? All in all, I think it was a great haul and Im definitely gonna keep looking for more deals there

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Did you use:
OWN SALE USING "LABORDAY08" COUPON CODE FOR AN ADDITIONAL 10% OFF EVERYTHING!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Our fellow board member Aviator Nut . Is selling the new BBI 109 to us board members at $49.99!!!!!!!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:01 pm

Razor17019 wrote:Did you use:
OWN SALE USING "LABORDAY08" COUPON CODE FOR AN ADDITIONAL 10% OFF EVERYTHING!
Damn, just yesterday I pre-ordered the Kounoike Zero with a Vraciu Hellcat. Wish I'd have known :(
At least I got free shipping for pre-ordering 2 planes.
Everybody's getting a little thin on the Vraciu Hellcats, or are sold out completely so I figured I should get one now.

I saw that "damaged" section, but I didn't want to take a chance.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:24 pm

This scared me off from buying the "Dinged and Dented":

"Damage Includes (and may not be limited to): Missing parts, broken canopy, broken prop, detached wing flaps and ailerons, broken or missing landing gear, bad paint, bad fit, large gaps along seams. Most should be repairable by experienced modelers."

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:20 pm

i didnt see the labor day sale till today, but i got a pretty good deal. The 49$ deal for members is awesome too, wish I wouldve gotten mine from him. I didnt get the pilot or the stickers but I did get four planes for what I sold a 16 for. I was skeptical about the D&D but I wasnt expecting a brand new plane either. I did get three planes that were pretty much complete and the catmouth with a missing wing, hopefully I can find one or its gonna be a static display against the wall:)

f111guru
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by f111guru » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi guys and gals,
I have bought twice from BCA ding and dent. The first was a 50% off F6F Hellcat. Sale price $35.00. The kit was complete and the only damage was 1 gear door off the landing gear. the upper and lower antenna bent and the string antenna wire was not attached. The second time was a $25.00 Admiral F-86E Jolly Roger. I do not know what is in the kit but seems to be all there. No damage other than a bent box. Also bought a P-51 Mustang for $15.00. It was missing the underwing stores if in the kit, missing horizontal stabs and rudder. Missing was the bubble canopy. As a modeller this plane diaroma written all over it. When I go to Badcat Aviation I check the ding and dent first.

Thanks,
Ron vanDerwarker
Ron VanDerwarker
Msgt USAF ret
Weapons
F-4, B-52, F-111