Another disappointing weekend:(

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Another disappointing weekend:(

Post by tosborne3 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Well, another week passes and still no FOV ww2 figs. :cry: I'm so frustrated with looking for em. Went to 2 different Targets this weekend looking for them, but nada. I'm trying to deal with the fact that I may never see them. Oh well, just needed to vent fellas. On a brighter note however, I did get 3 25th anniversary Cobra figs. and I got 2 of the old DAKs and an Otto repaint. :) So at least the weekend wasn't a total loss.
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

TOOL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TOOL » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:54 pm

I know I am still waiting to find a FOV Tiger....the Shermans showed up here but no Tiger.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:07 pm

I seen the Tiger here one time and passed on it in hopes of getting the other paint scheme. I have the 21st one so I really wasn't too excited about the FOV Tiger, but now I do hope to see them in the stores once more. I still don't know if I'll get one or not. I did see the Shermans a while back, but even those are getting scarce. :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:43 pm

I'm not so sure the Tigers will resurface since they were clearanced awhile back. I'm surprised that the Shermans are taking so long to surface around the country. I thought product availability would improve since they were not being sold at WM, but it looks like some items are going AWOL. Not complaining though since I've found most of the new items from FOV and 21st that I probably would never find at WM.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:21 pm

immeww2 wrote:I'm not so sure the Tigers will resurface since they were clearanced awhile back. I'm surprised that the Shermans are taking so long to surface around the country. I thought product availability would improve since they were not being sold at WM, but it looks like some items are going AWOL. Not complaining though since I've found most of the new items from FOV and 21st that I probably would never find at WM.
Totally agreed. And to believe that there are areas that got the Tigers, WWII figures, and the Shermans. (Its that middle KY, TN, IL, OH, MO area that's gotten most of the goodies as of late.) I keep hoping the Shermans will make a stong showing in the west eventually, but I grow tired of checking my local Targets to only see a couple FOV Bradleys that are no longer discounted.

Three of my Targets do have the WWII figures still sitting around and I have my fill of those - so its not all a complete loss yet :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:27 pm

We saw the WWII FOV figures in SW MI/NW IN, but no signs of the Tiger or Sherman. Kind of a bummer, because the Tiger is tempting. And the FOV figures are now long since gone--I think 2 full sets is all there was.
On the other hand, I found a 1/32 Marder at WM, and the 2 packs and Platoon figures are here. Haven't been to South Bend since after Christmas, but a coworker said he didn't see anything of interest at TRU, WM, or Target.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:19 am

I've seen no FOV WW2 figures or Tanks in the KY/TN area....and I look almost everyday on my way home from work. Frankly I'm starting to loose interest because of the lack of product. Maybe I just need to look every other week, but then I might miss something.......ugggggggg!!!!!!!!!

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:09 pm

Its annoying....tons of M1s and Bradleys but no TIgers or Shermans or WW 2 figures. :x :roll:

lafoy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lafoy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:04 pm

hi do you have some problem for buy the ww2 models fov in us :cry: ?
The object of war is not to die
for your country
but to make the other damn bastard
die for his country.
--General George S.Patton--

http://die-cast-army.over-blog.com

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:38 pm

I heard that the fov tiger will not start to appear again until around the beggining of this summer or late spring.
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:44 pm

Well that is better than what I heard from my Target...they said next fall

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:25 pm

I counsel patience. If anyone recalls, for a long time we only found Shermans, Stugs, Pattons and Abrams in 1/32, but no Tigers or King Tigers. Now they have become somewhat common. Let the inventory catch up. I predict in a few weeks/months it will be easy to find all the FOV WWII stuff in 1/18 at Target.
Of course, I've been wrong before! :wink: (my wife loves to remind me of that! :D )
Geoff

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:58 pm

I have found plenty of FOV figures but not a hint of any WWII armor. Like a lemming I continue to stop at every Target I find, but know I will find nothing. Just going through the motions :( .

I will probably wet myself when the day comes I actually find what I am looking for!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Hey TOSBORNE!!! Your NOT alone brother---Not alone!!! :lol: ---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:58 pm

olifant wrote:I will probably wet myself when the day comes I actually find what I am looking for!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wets... I need to get some depends for the day I find a 1/18 WW2 Tank. :lol:

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:04 pm

I'd just like to give a big THANKYOU!!!! to KAMIKAZE for hooking me up. Good looking out! :D :D :D

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:23 pm

don't get me started on bad hunts...I used to do trips from the north to south of the county on late nights when I was a insom, to hit 24hr WMs to see what they had for 21st stuff.

ZBEAR
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ZBEAR » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:17 am

I am in southern Middle Tn and have not found any of ther WW2 figures or tanks at the 3 Targets I frequent.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:41 am

It's funny because I see people on here from Cleveland being able to find the new figures and it just makes me wonder if Columbus has been left out. :roll: But never the less, at least I will have one of each of the figures to look forward to thanks to KAMIKAZE. I'm still going to continue to look for them of course, who knows maybe I'll get lucky. :D

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:12 am

Well I found all the Americans but no sign of the Germans or Tiger tank as of last time I checked.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]