New bbi items for 2008?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: new stuff

Post by holensock » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:21 am

As long as we get some new bbi figs - preferably WWII (Brits, Ruskies, cough...) - I will be a happy camper.[/quote]

ME TOO!! :D

dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:41 am

As I've said before, there is a glut of 1/18 and 1/32 Mustangs, BF-109s, Zeroes, FW-190s, P-40s, Corsairs, Hellcats etc.

However, there are no 1/32 F-15 Eagles, F-14 Tomcats or F-22 Raptors.

BBI and 21st Century: if you make them, we will buy them. We can't buy what what you don't make.

Enough of the WW II planes, I'd like to see some 1/32 modern jet fighters.

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:44 am

C00per wrote:The list I had in my hands also had a (very small) picture of each item. It was a hardcopy though and of course I could not keep it. Otherwise I would have posted some pics. Sorry guys. I also do not understand why some items are produced in numerous paint schemes if it is a sure bet that real new (but still popular) models would meet more demand. But well........

Mr. Cooper, thank you for sharing this information. Your next mission will be to purchase a phone with a digital camera or just start carrying around a slim digital camera. Once you have accomplished either of these two assignments, repeat contact with the said bbi list, secure images, and return forthwith. That is all.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:47 am

:lol: :lol:

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Really, the only 109-G that we are missing is Hartman's Black Tulip. Okay, we could use some desert schemes, too. Otherwise, the subject has been played out. Don't misunderstand me; I think bbi has a way with the birds. But, I just think it is played out.

On the 1/32 front, I eagerly await their subjects. They are new and fresh.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:22 pm

Maybe an F4F Wildcat in the 1:18 future ffrom BBI as they are now putting out one in 1:32.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:34 pm

I thought there was a picture of a BBI Sherman repaint from the 2008 toy show :? I also would like to see WWII Brits and Ruskies :P Da General

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:24 pm

To piggyback off of what Dragon53 said: I agree there is a glut of WW2 planes and not enough Vietnam to modern era jets. I hope BBI concentrates their 1/32 line more in focus with newer jets versus WW2 planes.

Secondly, on a slightly different but related subject: I have always and so far prefer BBI's products over 21st for airplanes for the simple fact their detail and fit and finish is better. (Can't comment on ground vehicles since I don't own any) If every one of my 1:18 21st century airplanes in my collection were also produced by BBI I wouldn't have hesitated to get the BBI version and forego 21st. Now I'm not knocking 21st as making a bad product; they make super cool stuff I really like; they're just a second place in my opinion to BBI in terms of impressiveness for a model of 1:18 size and the price points they are sold at. Does anyone else feel similiar?

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by corpbob » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:57 pm

Overall, when it comes to the planes, I agree. While I dearly love my 21st Stuka, FW 190, Spitfire, and P-38 (I own 5 others too), my 4 BBI planes (Hellcat, Corsair, Mustang, and Zero) are even better. But let's also remember that without 21st there almost certainly never would have been a quality BBI product. Competition always makes everyone better.

On the other hand (and I know some who vehemently disagree) I think the opposite is true for tanks and soldiers. I have been so unimpressed with BBI's tanks and vehicles that I don't own a single one, while I have most all of 21st' products. If BBI's tanks were as good as their planes I'd buy them in a heartbeat, but until then............

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:20 am

For us on the dark side (non-military) of the dark side (1/6th), I see that there are showing a new Cy Girl release... Hmmm... Can't find word anywhere else on this one--but looking good. Andf hopefully less expensive (and easier to find) than the Takara/Tomy releases.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

digger

bbi armor

Post by digger » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:23 am

corpbob wrote:On the other hand (and I know some who vehemently disagree) I think the opposite is true for tanks and soldiers. I have been so unimpressed with BBI's tanks and vehicles that I don't own a single one, while I have most all of 21st' products. If BBI's tanks were as good as their planes I'd buy them in a heartbeat, but until then............
Have you not owned a bbi Sherman? You must. I know the LAV and M1 are big turn-offs, but the Sherman is awesome IMO. I think the bad taste the LAV and M1 left with collectors hurt the Sherman sales and is the reason bbi backed away from the armor, which is a shame.

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:20 pm

21st Century Choppers still trump BBI Choppers though.