Future WW-II GI's

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

Future WW-II GI's

Post by MG-42 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:56 am

* Any chance we could see any Afro-American GI's ? ... or Oriental-American GI's for that matter , like The 442nd. Regimental Combat Team , for example ?

* Go For Broke !

* I'd like to see some Afro-American GI's , even if they're just for driving trucks or carrying an M-1 . * 8)

* Yeah , I know ,.. switch the same ole' head-sculpts and limbs , w/ the new Nam figures. * :wink:

.............. Just a thought. * :roll:

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:40 am

Well, in order to do the head swap you need the Vietnam figs first. I have only seen one e-tailer (foxholetoys.com) carry them thus far, and at $11.95 ea :shock:, those are some pretty pricey headsculpts, IMO. :cry:

What's the point in producing new 1:18 figures if the price is prohibitive? :roll:

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:55 am

I did some Afro bro's with 21st C bodies, a modern Afro FOV heads and gloves from 21st C Germans ;) They look darn good too 8) I'd post a pic. but don't have any currently. 21st fig. $4 , modern FOV fig. $4, Gloves from Jerries, no charge as they were extra parts. Total, $8 and change. You can always add the 21 C head to the modern FOV guy and flame him with Lysol and a lighter to make him look like the Fire Hun got him :P :twisted: Now that's custom :lol: Da General
Last edited by General Blasto on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:58 am

I'd LOVE to see these!
The 442nd would be GREAT!!!

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:16 am

Sometime, a while back, I posted a quartermaster figure I did. The head came off one of the Gracelyn Deion Sanders figures. He currently needs some rework (damn 21C waist joint sheered right off).

Also, BBI has done quite a few AA head. Don't forget about one of the original SWAT figures. And, GI Joe has quite a few head to use, with quite a bit of mods. I've used all of these to create a African Peacekeeper unit and militia men.

For Oriental GIs, you have the whole Japanese series.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:30 pm

Yeah, head swaps are the way to go on these at the moment. Vietnam figs should work well and they are just now starting to show up in better qty in my neck of the woods! I have thought about doing this exact thing myself.