POST ALL 21C Me-262A & NIGHTFIGHTER DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:14 am

I got mine today......WOW Digger is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 am

Awesome pics digger! This is by far the best WWII plane that 21st produced.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:20 pm

There seems to be a bit of a mystery here with the me-262. Any one that has one noticed the radio access panel on the port side…..I looked inside and it looks like it is held in place with four pins at each corner of the panel. Btw I did not remove it, I just looked inside from the fuselage

Btw I am really surprised about the level of deatil this bird has I think it is the best BEST out there. If you are waiting for the night fighter, then you need to pick this one up. Why….it’s just a prelude to things to come.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:36 pm

Digger,
Can you answer a few questions for me??
The underfuselage hardpoints, are they loose?? I mean, do they have to be installed?? If not, are there huge holes where they would go??
I'd rather have a fighter than a bomber in this version and have the droptanks on the nightfighter.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:41 pm

hworth18 wrote:Digger,
Can you answer a few questions for me??
The underfuselage hardpoints, are they loose?? I mean, do they have to be installed?? If not, are there huge holes where they would go??
I'd rather have a fighter than a bomber in this version and have the droptanks on the nightfighter.. :wink:
they are not fixed,there are holes for the drop tank/bombs hardpoints.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:59 pm

B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:43 pm

Nice to see such big fat tires on the main gear. I hope future models will stay away from the "pizza cutter" wheels. :D
Darren

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:18 pm

Oh I forgot I give the 21st ME-262 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) plus one more for being cool 8)

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:25 pm

Digger, I like the reflection of the bbi Pearl Harbor Zero on your coffee table in the first shot! :wink:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:18 pm

I am normally picky when it comes to detail on my 1:18th aircraft, and this Me-262 did not let me down.

I spent an hour and a half just looking at the cockpit with a magnifying glass. There is so much detail in the cockpit and the stenciling is out of sight. I say pick one up now, don’t just wait for the Me-262 night fighter, pick this one up, it’s a real gem Roy and the other over at 21st did an outstanding job!!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing I noticed was the weight in the front nose, it felt real solid. After I spent 10 min trying to remove all the twist ties, I finally had all the parts freed. Free at last I say…..hehe
Well anyways Once I hade all the parts in front of me I started to put the wings together ….whoops what is this piece of paper….holy cow 21st must have chopped down a whole tree to make instructions. Never the less I found them very useful,3 pages in all.

Once I had the wings together, I started to put the wing brace on…..I was told to be very careful with the little doors on the main landing gear. The small tabs can break. The detail is just amazing it goes up in to the main gear wells, the brace is also nicely detailed too. Total number of screws 3 big ones to tie the wing together, 4 big ones to tie the wing brace to the wing, 4 screws to attach the wing to the fuselage.
I think as the aircraft get bigger this is a sign of things to come, gone will be the days of not having to use the instructions….this is what we can expect with more detailed aircraft…I don’t mind. And yes they come with four screw covers.

Now the fuselage it seems to have bit more weight in the front end, again not a bad thing, the front wheels is nicely detailed. The front strut is also nicely detailed as digger said it is over sized a bit but not to much, in fact it looks ok, and should not be to much of a distracter. The front cannon bay is well done the spent shell casing shoots line up. The cannon bay door have nice detail on the underside of them as well. The detail of the cannons them selves are out standing. There are two post that hold up the doors that are in the bag with the pilot.

Now we get to the cockpit…..goodie I say,,,This is where I think 21st has spent a great deal of time getting it right. Tonight I spent an hour and a half looking through a magnify glass, looking at all the little silk screening and I can make out numbers and letters….WOW I say . The throttle detail is out standing. The seat also has a large amount of detail and the seat belt add a nice touch over all. The gun sight even has a clear part added, another plus.

Now we get to the 21st ME-262 mystery
On the right side or port side of the me-262 where the radio access panel is, there is a panel that looks like it’s removable…….but wait on min….I looked down the fuselage and seen four plastic pins, on four corners of the panel attached to the main fuselage, now I did not see anything inside but I als found that when you push gently there is some give. I don’t think 21st would have made a mold like that with out planning to put something inside of it.

Now the Quality of the paint is outstanding there are NO problems what so ever. All the stenciling is perfect and I got the swastikas from 21st. There are 4 different types of swastikas, 4 sets in all. Those that have them could you please chime in…I think they are the clue to what kind of repaints we might see.

Now my favorite part the chubby wheels I am all over them…I am in love what great detail. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The pilot is detailed but I did noticed one thing his upper thighs don’t have any articulations, no big deal he comes with a pistol holster and oxygen mask, and base. The over all detail is outstanding.

The full articulation of the flight control surfaces are a nice plus, and as digger wrote they have full range of movement.

I even compared it to my AT me-262 and I will not go in to a description as to say which one is the best but I will say there is big enough difference between the two. but they will both complement each other on a self, each one has a history. On those differnences I think the AT me-262A is of an early production version of the me-282 while the 21st is of a later production version. I may be wrong but the early me-262 had a skinner front strut on the landing gear. .

In closing I have to write this, if you want to get ready for the me-262 night fighter getting this version will only wet you appetite for the me-262 night fighter even more.

It looks as if Roy’s law is in effect here.

Roy’s law definition: with each new product mold, greater detail is achieved, thus a new generation is created.

Coming from a detail nut this is the plane to get.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Yes the hardpoints can be taken off. I agree that this scheme looks better as a clean fighter, but I do like having the options and I especially like the ability to have hardpoints with no payloads, a clean plane, bombs or fuel tanks.

The heft of the plane is really remarkable, it gives it a very solid feel. -Just a great plane all around.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:51 pm

I love this scheme and the plane, but I just have room for one more plane and it is going to have to be the nightfighter.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:53 am

I found 3 21st 262s today at hobby town. Only 1 of the 3 would pass pre purchase inspection. The third had a slight run in the paint behind the canopy- very slight. I would accept it, but not at 75.00- but if I had just cashed a fat commission check, there's no tellin' what I would have done.
Last edited by mikeg on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:02 am

But, you know what? It's only 6.00 more than BCA's price and there is no shipping involved.

VMF115

Re: .

Post by VMF115 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:09 am

mikeg wrote:I found 3 21st 262s today at hobby town. Only 2 of the 3 would pass pre purchase inspection. The third had a slight run in the paint behind the canopy- very slight. I would accept it, but not at 75.00- but if I had just cashed a fat commission check, there's no tellin' what I would have done.
You know those Me-262 are saying: Buy me,,,,buy me,,,you know you want me. :D

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:23 am

I just bought the 21C Me-262A today and I must say that it my favorite piece so far. I have both the AT and 21C version and love them both. The only thing that seperates the AT and 21C version outside of the figure is the new fatter tires and the paint scheme. It is awesome. Next will be the AT White 7.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:35 pm

buy me buy me you know you want me

whew I'm glad I wasn't there - I want to get one so bad - but I must wait
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:07 am

I get the feeling that there are many/most on this board that do not have the AT and 21C Me-262s. Otherwise, I'd bet that there would be more talk on it.

Black_Dragon_One

me 262

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:07 pm

I have only AT, i I was thinking of buying the 12c but for the same price i could get the night fighter, t2, or the 88... for almost 30 more i only get new tired and a seat belt... i think i past on this bird until. the price come down....to what AT has it...

If i were going to buy a new me 262 it would be the night fighter from 21ct or the new color me 262 from at...

my two cent
whats up doc....

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:31 pm

Badcat is showing a 17 JAN 08 release date for the nightfighter! Hope they are right! :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:53 pm

just in time for my birthday.....hint, hint.

8)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Helo Driver
Corporal
Corporal

21st Me -262 !!!!

Post by Helo Driver » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:56 pm

Got the Me-262 for Christmas from my wife. Gotta love her. Overall, this is a magnificent product from 21st Century. I did however, break one of the little tabs on the bottom gear door rack. I tried to be really careful, but the door was wedged in so tight, I couldn't get it to budge at all, until I tried working it slowly...and it broke. Also, the support pins on the landing gear have a hole that is a bit too small for the pin on the gear. If I would have forced it, it would have broke as well. An exacto knife scraped a bit of plastic off the hole on the pin enough so that it worked fine after that.

The only other complaint is that the canopy doesn't close too well with the pilot inside. I wedged that guy down so far his butt was about to push through the bottom of the plane. Still, the canopy just barely closed, and would barely latch onto the fuselage. Anybody else have similar problem?

Overall...a great addition to my squadron! I would recommend getting one.

VMF115

Re: 21st Me -262 !!!!

Post by VMF115 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:01 pm

I did the same thing with the tabs on the main gear,,,but no big deal I they wedge in there nicely in the up position or down position, I also had to make the holes a bit bigger for the struts to fit in…again no big deal as for as the pilots goes I had no problem m fitting him in there…I recommend getting this bird

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:19 pm

My local Hobbytown USA store got the S1 ME-262s in. I was VERY tempted to get one upon seeing it in person for the first time. The paintjob is spectacular and simply one of the best I've seen on a 1:18 plane :D All three they had in the store had great paintjobs with no serious flaws.

However, what turned me off with the plane was the canopy hinge and the seams behind the cockpit (where the second seat will be on the Nightfighter '262.) The gaps on all three models in the store was pretty visible and sort of killed the look of the plane. It sort of looked like a silly and hasty modification... Fortunantly, that shouldn't be a problem on the new Nightfighter variant, which I will be getting :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."