POST ALL FOV 1/18 FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:10 am

I have an action figure overload going on now, thanks FOV.

Seriously though, wow... Great news here if you ask me. I'm anxious for the Tiger in camo as, well, I only have Panzer Grey paintjobs on mine, so a camo one with zimmerit would be friggin' sweet of course.

I'll take another Sherman as well, as a simple OD Shermie hasn't really been on shelves in how long now? Kinda tough to complain about that IMO.

The figures, I'm down for a set and some extras too I think... May nab some of their other pieces, but I'll determine that when I see them. Modern wasn't something I wanted to go back to, but man the prices are just right there... You can't beat it.

I prefer the weight of the die-cast 21st does, but if it means a 50% reduction in price to get them in plastic, so be it. :)

Now... when does FOV gives us WW2 figures? ;) THAT will be a grand and glorious day of going broke.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:03 am

I checked the Rio and Rockville, and nada! But if I recally correctly, once we started seeing the bbi 1:18 on ebay and popping up across the country, it was about 2 weeks before the Targets in Montgomery County started stocking said items, so we'll check back next Tuesday (I believe thats when they do restock). In the meantime, I'll be checking out the Target in Woodbridge and a couple additional stores on my travels through NoVa this weekend.
Thanks for the heads up Klaus, let me know what you come up with. I'll be hitting the Frederick Target on Saturday and I will let you know of any finds. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:23 am

OK guys, sorry for the wait on the pictures. I got home late last night. I snapped some quick pictures this morning of two of the new 1/18 FOV figures. I'll do a more detailed and better quality picture post tonight with the remainder of the figures.

Below is a picture of PFC. Curtis OBregon-USMC in package:

Here is a pciture of Private Paul Wincek-USMC with all his accessories:

More pictures of Private Paul Wincek-USMC:

Pictures of Private Paul Wincek-USMC with bbi buddies and Duke from the GI Joe 25th Anniversary line:

These figures are awesome!!! Some of the best to date in my book.

Some points:

1. They are very close if not identical in articulation and construction to
bbi's figures.

The wrist ARE articulated.

3. Not to impressed with the backpacks.

Now you may ask, can you head swap? Yes.

The head from the FOV figure I used had a slightly larger peg than the bbi figure but with a little force it fit fine and didn't do any damage to the FOV head's peg or the bbi body. The bbi figure's head was a little loose but nothing a little glue or filler wouldn't fix.

Here's a picture of swap between Private Paul Wincek_USMC and the bbi Navy Spec Ops figure:

I hope these get a very wide release and distribution because they are very well worth it. Your modern collection will be incomplete without them.

PICK THEM UP WHEN YOU SEE THEM!!!

I hope we see some WWII figures from FOV in this line and please please please some of the foreign soldiers we've been asking for as well. This has me very excited to see what FOV has in store next for this line.

LOCK AND LOAD, IT'S ARMY BUILDING TIME!!!!!
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

digger

cool!

Post by digger » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:34 am

:shock:
Awesome. Thanks for the review and pics Bird! These guys look like great army builders, and the head swap news is great.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:51 am

No problem digger. Those two boxes you see in the pictures are MREs.

:D

Pretty nice touch I thought.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:53 am

Thanks for the pictures, always good to see pics of the new stuff. :D
Darren

chaffhappy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chaffhappy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:24 am

I checked the Rio and Rockville, and nada! But if I recally correctly, once we started seeing the bbi 1:18 on ebay and popping up across the country, it was about 2 weeks before the Targets in Montgomery County started stocking said items, so we'll check back next Tuesday (I believe thats when they do restock). In the meantime, I'll be checking out the Target in Woodbridge and a couple additional stores on my travels through NoVa this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up Klaus, let me know what you come up with. I'll be hitting the Frederick Target on Saturday and I will let you know of any finds.
Just to support the local stock checks: I called up the Target in Hagerstown, MD near me and got a surprisingly cheery and willing clerk in the toy section. She also was on the ball, not clueless. She said they had nothing other than FOV 1:32 yet, and the only 1:18 scale at present was the Elite Force stuff: a couple Blackhawks (that she thought looked "very cool") and an Apache. I may check the Chambersburg, PA store this weekend for a slim chance of spotting FOV 1:18 stuff.

My wife was going to stop at the Germantown store while she was out today, but thanks to your updates in this thread I can save her the trip. She'll appreciate that. :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:03 am

Awesome looking figures - and "regulars" to boot :D I really can't wait to find these in my area, and hope they get the coverage the BBI stuff got over the summer and aren't just some sort of "limited" or "exclusive" release. The figures are perhaps what I'm most excited about with the new FOV lineup - the other vehicles are pretty much inferior repeats in my opinion (though they too don't look too bad) however basic modern soldiers are something to get excited about!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:05 pm

chaffhappy wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Klaus, let me know what you come up with. I'll be hitting the Frederick Target on Saturday and I will let you know of any finds.
Just to support the local stock checks: I called up the Target in Hagerstown, MD near me and got a surprisingly cheery and willing clerk in the toy section. She also was on the ball, not clueless. She said they had nothing other than FOV 1:32 yet, and the only 1:18 scale at present was the Elite Force stuff: a couple Blackhawks (that she thought looked "very cool") and an Apache. I may check the Chambersburg, PA store this weekend for a slim chance of spotting FOV 1:18 stuff.

My wife was going to stop at the Germantown store while she was out today, but thanks to your updates in this thread I can save her the trip. She'll appreciate that. :wink:
This might be a West-East coast thing at the moment. No Bradleys or figs sighted here in Dover, DE yet. Just a couple Humvees and Apaches. I'm in no rush for modern stuff. Now the Tiger I is a different story.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:53 pm

Interesting, I didnt expect FOV to start in 1/18!

It's a shame FOV is making copies of everything that's out, and if they must copy, why not make the Panther, which has been gone for who knows how long?

Can someone give a review of the Abrams? Is it any better than BBI's?
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:25 am

Interesting, I didnt expect FOV to start in 1/18!
I think this bodes well for 1:18 collectors, especially considering that 21st XD has all but diappeared from WM, at least in this neck of the woods.
It's a shame FOV is making copies of everything that's out,
Patience may be the key here, it seems likely that FOV will produce 1:18 items that they already offer in 1:32, can you say Jagdpanther, M60, or T-72?? I wouldn't mind seeing any of those models come out.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:21 am

according to Panache, the FOV 1/18 line is a Target exclusive. So, it's future may depend on how well it sells there and on the whims of that large retail chain. I suspect that at the prices it's being offered at it will sell quite well...but it could also be a one time thing as a line, or something we just see once a year around christmas or not expanded upon beyond this point.

Time will tell. Guarded optimism is in order, i think.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

fov

Post by digger » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:43 am

Well, let's hope exclusive doesn't keep them from putting them on the website! :P Even if they sold the figs in sets of 6, I would be pleased.

Btw, if someone has some sku info that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Checked two of my local Targets. Nothing new yet.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:37 pm

This is AWESOME NEWS i just wish they would bring them out over here! those figs do look awesome! any more pics of these would be very cool!
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:53 pm

Someone please post pic of M-1 :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:18 pm

Nothing at any of the 6 Targets in my area yet. The stores seem to have done some restocking (as evidenced by all the other toys stacked up on the top shelf) but nothing has been added to the military toy section.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sgt. Fury
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sgt. Fury » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:21 pm

Laurel, MD Target has the Desert tan (more like white sand) Bradley in stock. I don't think they threaten 21st Century (and their extreme detail) but FOV may give bbi a run. Appendages like shovels, picks, rods and tread links are molded in and have that paint-the-top-will-do look. Paint in general is molded-in. The turret TOW missile assembly does not look like it deploys and alot of those small minor items like FLIR and targeting sensor covers do not open. Don't get me wrong though, with stowage and personnel decorating this vehicle it will probably satisfy alot of people. I have just been spoiled by 21st Century. Good luck.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:41 pm

May not be as good quality but i'm glad to see vehicles like this and for the price. For years i've wanted somebody like chap mei or pte to make simple, inexpensive but accurate armour that would sell for cheap and thus be lower risk and most likely popular, that we enthusiasts could rework to our tastes. Never dreamed FOV would step up and do it.

We'll also probably find with subsequent pieces that the detailing/paint etc improve.

Personally, i'm pretty excited about the idea of getting a tan Bradley. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:03 pm

I'm excited at the prospect of the figures more than anything, but if i can get a Tiger for cheap to make a burned out one? Hey, I dont' give a rat's ass if there's a molded on figure on the thing. ;)

Same with the Sherman... I think my D-Day set-up is gonna have one that made the beach but didn't make it far onto it perhaps, and have my GI's using it for cover.

And the modern stuff, same deal... BBI's got me hooked too, so I'm not near giving up on them yet either. I'll buy both, especially if there's a bit of variation between companies.

Right now though, FOV is tearing up the modern figure competition due to the simple fact they're plain ole grunts without jump gear, or special forces anything.

And MRE's... That's just slick work.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:42 pm

I'll host the pictures. I sent you a PM.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:51 pm

I took some detailed pictures as well of each figure out of the box Friday night but where I'm at my computer connection isn't allowing me to upload them to the net right now. Later today I will be in a better place to do this and I'll post them then. It's been aggrevating as hell..... :x

I have the Bradley and it is definitely not as detailed as 21st's. It's also a bit on the shorter size as far as height goes. Everything else seems to be the same in dimension. It has a different look because of it being an M3 over an M2. Still a piece worth getting in my opinion for $20.

Sure would like to know how that M1 stacks up to bbi's M1.. :D

Here are some sku #s:

Assort. 73000 No. 73101 to 73106 (Bar Code 1887673101 through 1887631106)

Assort. 73000 No. 73001-73006 (Bar Code 188767301 through 18876306)
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:27 am

We'll also probably find with subsequent pieces that the detailing/paint etc improve
Agree 100 %

Can you say "Action Grade" and "Enthusiast" versions...?? I can easily see FOV offering two levels of detail/weathering to suit collector tastes and budget.